Author Topic: Johanna Christina Smit  (Read 479 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Johanna Christina Smit
« on: Tuesday 30 March 21 10:50 BST (UK) »
Johanna Christina Smit

No need for info Thanks
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Johanna Christina Smit
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 April 21 01:23 BST (UK) »
I am curious as to why you posted her name though ?

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 April 21 08:02 BST (UK) »
I was wanting to find if anyone knew anything about her, but changed my mind. And just complete that side of the tree with what I had. For everywhere I have looked there does not seam to be any info on her. Other trees have struggled to find her and even genealogists have had no success so far.

There are two Smit families from where all the Smits come from. And I cannot find her in either family. Have had some one look in the SAG book, I have looked on FamilySearch and found a civil death record for a Johanna Christina Smit married to Greyvenstein. I think this could be her?  But as we know there is no husband or children or parents names on these death records. The age at death does not match the estimated date I have for her.This is the link to the civil death - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QR8N-WXMM

That means she is 9 years older than her husband Gert Petrus Johannes Hercules Greyvenstein b.18 Sep 1847 Burgersdorp. They married 23 Apr 1866 Dordrecht which I cannot find.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 April 21 12:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, Karytay - which was also because of the Smit branch in our tree, but they were from the Heidelberg area.

Those loose ends or contradictory evidence in a tree are v.frustrating - so I hope somebody stumbles across Johanna's marriage record eventually. 

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 April 21 15:11 BST (UK) »
thanks Kinsy