Author Topic: What should be the essential data on a Covid passport?  (Read 6061 times)

Offline markheal

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
What should be the essential data on a Covid passport?
« on: Wednesday 31 March 21 19:20 BST (UK) »
What should be the essential data on a Covid passport?

We all know how unreliable a 'date of birth' can be even on the 1939 Register.
And how many passports get lent/borrowed between siblings in the same family.

Perhaps we will all be tattooed with a number like the Jews in Nazi Germany?
ANSTRUTHER,Worldwide
BENNETT,
BRETT, Sligo
CARNEGIE,
CROCKFORD, Hampshire.
ELLIOT,
GAUNTLETT, Worldwide
HEAL, HEALE, HELE, Chew Magna, Somerset
HENRY, Sligo
MABEY, Dorset
O'HANLON
POPE, London docklands,
STANDERWICK, Somerset,
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
Re: What should be the essential data on a Covid passport?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 19:43 BST (UK) »
It sounds as though you maybe have a problem with this, and I don't know why.

I've had "passports" in the past to show that I was vaccinated against TAB (Typhoid and paratyphoid - that's going back a bit!) and another for yellow fever. Various countries will not let you past their borders if you have travelled from a yellow fever area, unless you have proof of vaccination.

These pieces of paper had the name and serial number of the vaccine together with the date I received it. I think the YF one also had info about where I received the vaccine. Nowadays I would imagine something more akin to a credit card which can be swiped to show the information. How that would be matched to the carrier I don't know but it's not beyond the wit of (wo)man to work out a way.

I think the suggestion that we be tattoo'd is a rather inflammatory one and potentially upsetting for those people who have close family experience of this. It would also be pretty pointless if we need regular vaccine boosters, as we do for flu and as I strongly suspect will turn out to be necessary for coronavirus.

Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 20:13 BST (UK) »
I still have my Yellow Fever passport, issued in the Netherlands when I lived there.
It shows the date and details of my Hepatitis B, Cholera and Diptheria vaccinations.

Of course, in NL it is obligatory to carry means of identification at all times - so nobody there worries about such things.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 20:45 BST (UK) »
The problem is it has not been shown that having the covid vaccinations provides immunity from infection.
Certainly none of the EU countries have come to any agreement about the use of a Covid passport.
If countries cannot agree about the ethics and the use of a covid passport as opposed to a covid vaccination certificate what use is a covid passport?
There are still many questions that cannot be answered yet such as:_ How long does the vaccine provide protection?
Does the vaccine prevent that person hosting the infection and passing it to others, if so for how long?
What restrictions would be inflicted on those who cannot have the vaccine?
Etc Etc.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 21:19 BST (UK) »
Ethics and legalities apart, I am not in favour of so called vaccination passports. However, if we must have them then we must start with dates of vaccination with the vaccine batch numbers together with a photograph of the holder, the holders date of birth, perhaps N.I. number, and a brief physical description.
However, we can do without them - but not the vaccinations.
Also, if we must have "passports" , they must be paid for out of existing general taxation - free at the point of delivery as it were.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 April 21 14:59 BST (UK) »
The problem is it has not been shown that having the covid vaccinations provides immunity from infection.
Certainly none of the EU countries have come to any agreement about the use of a Covid passport.
If countries cannot agree about the ethics and the use of a covid passport as opposed to a covid vaccination certificate what use is a covid passport?
There are still many questions that cannot be answered yet such as:_ How long does the vaccine provide protection?
Does the vaccine prevent that person hosting the infection and passing it to others, if so for how long?
What restrictions would be inflicted on those who cannot have the vaccine?
Etc Etc.
Cheers
Guy

Ethics and legalities apart, I am not in favour of so called vaccination passports. ...

After over a year of illness and GP 'phone appointments, I've finally managed to get an Out of Hours GP and now my GP Surgery to take my rash and inflammatory response symptoms seriously and send me for blood tests again.

I knew something was wrong, but owing to the Covid response, I was fobbed off by 111 that it was a nervy reaction the person suggested, but when the Practice took the time to look at my photos, heard back from the Out of Hours GP that I needed tests and I'd made repeated requests, they started jumping through hoops!!

Blood tests one afternoon and my 'phone was ringing before 8am the next, that it appeared my Kidney function was too low. I hardly drank alcohol, non-smoker, I'm not obese, have good daily diet and walking exercise.

I'm just as concerned about other stuff that can be caught or develop (besides Covid), which can also lead to bad conditions or even fatal outcomes, especially when GP Surgeries are operating behind locked doors and mainly by telephone (like ours).

Yes, Covid-19 can be a very serious condition and should be avoided with hands, face and space etc., precautions too. However Covid-19 will lead to additional deaths without even catching it, due to not being able to access medical care easily for other conditions!!

Mark

Also, I know one who has just been diagnosed with reduced platelets and my Father knows another. Some can't have the Vac or 2nd owing to a serious reaction.

And if vaccine passports were issued, it won't be long before there is a ready made market for fakes and fake Certificates etc., which makes them meaningless.

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 April 21 10:46 BST (UK) »
And if vaccine passports were issued, it won't be long before there is a ready made market for fakes and fake Certificates etc., which makes them meaningless.

I don't know that that would be true. There isn't a ready market for fakes of the myriad of inoculations that are already required to travel round the world.   

Yes, fake passports, driving licences and the like do exist, but they cost! Why would someone pay a substantial sum of money for something that they can get for free. And not just free, the Government is actively encouraging people to take the jab for free. 

Regards 

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

Offline greenrig

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father, 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 02 April 21 11:22 BST (UK) »
Yet again, we see the emerging need for a proper, simple, ID scheme in UK.    Tax records, Health records, driving licences, passports - they're all incomplete substitutes for a proper ID scheme.  If we had a UK-wide register, how much simpler would it be to follow up on inequalities, rights, discrimination, and people who get "lost" off the records, to their own detriment.  Other countries have no issue with this, because they understand the advantages.....
NEILSON - Erskine/Bishopton, Renfrewshire and Glasgow
BROWN - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
CAIRNS - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
FINDLAY - Kirriemuir area, Forfarshire/Angus
PORTER - Tobermore, Derry, Ireland

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 April 21 11:52 BST (UK) »
I whole heartedly agree with greenrig, I have been saying for years that we should have identity cards. I had no problem with having to carry an identity card when I lived abroad.

We are being pushed into being a paperless society, it is becoming more difficult to prove ones identity, a requisite if one wants to open a savings account etc.

I haven't driven for some years and have no intention of doing so in the future, but I have just renewed my driving licence for the identification it provides.  It makes more sense than paying out to renew my passport which I no longer need.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.