Author Topic: Onslow George Hodge  (Read 325 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Onslow George Hodge
« on: Friday 02 April 21 08:19 BST (UK) »
Happy Easter to you All, I am connected to Onslow through his brother Frederick Hodge who came out to Australia from Faversham Kent England, he married a Phillis Lydia Woodger Simmonds on the 21/6/1858 Christ Church St. Lawrence New South Wales. Onslow George Hodge passed away in 1921 Waverley New South Wales Australia father Harry/Henry and mother Eliza Sarah, I would love to find her burial date to close this family line. :-[ Frederick Hodge's daughter Phillis Lydia Hodge 1861 married a George Henry Wigley in 1882 Petersham New South Wales this family came out on the Netherby in 1866 with wife Miriam and 3 small children a remarkable history story. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-[

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Onslow George Hodge
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 April 21 08:53 BST (UK) »

Is this  your family?

Sydney Morning Herald  23 May 1924 p7
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/16136756?

HODGE - The Funeral of the late Mrs. HANNAH HODGE, widow of the late Mr Onslow HODGE,
........C. of E. Cemetery, Rookwood. W. CARTER, Undertaker, Waverley.

HODGE.-The Friends of Mrs. CLARA GARNETT, (widow of the late Capt Garnett, R N ) and
FAMILY of 641 New South Head-road, Rose Bay, Mr. and Mrs. ERNEST HODGE and FAMILY, Mr.
and Mrs. HERBERT HODGE and FAMILY, and of Mr. and Mrs. FREDERICK HODGE and FAMILY,
........their dearly loved MOTHER and GRANDMOTHER

HODGE -The Friends of Mr. and Mrs LEO BOYLE, of Sutherland, are kindly invited to
attend the Funeral of their dear loved GRANDMOTHER

Rookwood Cemetery  PLOT: CCC_ZONE B/#/36

HODGE Onslow  buried 18 Feb 1921
HODGE Hannah     date unknown

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 April 21 09:28 BST (UK) »

Whose death and burial are you looking for?

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 April 21 13:07 BST (UK) »
Evening wivenhoe, thanks for your message I am posting this message in the hope that some member of this family would reply regarding Onslow George, and Frederick's mother Eliza Sarah Hodge burial date I have searched all over on the Kent message board, and in England with no luck. In the 1851 Census England she was alive with family, but in 1861 her children were scattered throughout different families, cousins etc. :'( I have even searched the National Burial Index for England and Wales. :-[ Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Janet :-\