Author Topic: George Frederick Davidson SMITH  (Read 2883 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: George Frederick Davidson SMITH
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 08:03 BST (UK) »
Please check the Ryerson index. 

It has noted your chap's notice is in the Sydney Morning Herald edition on 11 Sept 1953.  He died Windsor hospital, late of Riverstone.  The notice should be found via trove, if not, try google news archives...

I am on my e reader, so I cannot do live links, but hopefully there's enough detail in this post to help Wivenhoe or other regulars to help further.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 08:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you JM, I will have another look in Trove, hopefully something will come up in there, he seems to be very illusive.

Cienna

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 April 21 01:57 BST (UK) »
Good Morning,

I am still having trouble finding the death details for Frederick George Davidson SMITH, also his military records for WW1, if anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you

Cienna

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 April 21 02:58 BST (UK) »
Death and funeral notices:

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/18385804

As far as I can see there is no WW1 enlistment.

His son was born on 26 Oct 1917 so he would have to have been in Australia around Jan 1917.

Debra  :)

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 April 21 03:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you Debra, I was under the same impression, his family still think he went to Gallipoli, I have failed to find any military records for him, hopefully now I can go on to something else, thank you so much for his death notice, very much appreciated.

Cienna.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 April 21 06:53 BST (UK) »
In an effort to discover this man, ---

**If he was the uncle of your friends mother, what was the maiden name of that mother?
**Who were her parents?
**The male sibling of which of her parents was the uncle?

FYI-- and I do not know if you have all this.
At the death of Frederick Geo Davidson SMITH senior, several of his family placed notices.
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/16029820

His wife had been Eliza Annie nee BATES with the marriage taking place in Sydney  NSW in 1871/335.
He had been an orchardist in Kellyville Parramatta.
His wife died in 1920
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/239701538

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 April 21 08:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sue, for your reply, my friends mother is Florence JUDGE daughter of Edward Judge and Lily Florence SMITH, Lily is the sister to Frederick George Davidson SMITH...Florence was living in Tasmania at the time of Frederick's death.

I have tried all avenues to find him on the NAA but nothing comes up, my friend is very sure there are records somewhere, Frederick also received a silver medal, reasons unknown bit I did tell him service men did receive them for their service...I am at a total loss.

Thank you again

Cienna

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 10 April 21 08:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sue, for your reply, my friends mother is Florence JUDGE daughter of Edward Judge and Lily Florence SMITH, Lily is the sister to Frederick George Davidson SMITH...Florence was living in Tasmania at the time of Frederick's death.

I have tried all avenues to find him on the NAA but nothing comes up, my friend is very sure there are records somewhere, Frederick also received a silver medal, reasons unknown bit I did tell him service men did receive them for their service...I am at a total loss.

Thank you again

Cienna

Re that Silver Medal.   Please can you examine it carefully, looking for a unique number on it.   

JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 10 April 21 08:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry, no one knows where the medal is, they think it's in NSW, my friend lives in Tasmania and this is all he knows, I was hoping to help him with his great uncle but I haven't had any luck...he is too ill to keep asking questions, i may have to give up due to having no more info.

Thank you

Cienna