Author Topic: William cook Jutsum , Newgate Goal Feb , 1805  (Read 327 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
William cook Jutsum , Newgate Goal Feb , 1805
« on: Saturday 03 April 21 08:52 BST (UK) »
I am finding more and more of my Jutsum family may have had nefarious traits and in this case it may be like father like son . I have found on ancestry UK Prison commission that my relative ( in all likelihood ) is in Newgate Prison in Feb , 1805 . I can not decipher the writing to the left of the page . I also don't know what crime or sentence he has . Could sks look at that page and let me know . He went on to have children regularly with his wife Mary nee Cheeseman from 1801 to 1814 so he can not have had a long sentence ,,, nor like his son John been transported twice to Australia , thank you in advance , Fred
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William cook Jutsum , Newgate Goal Feb , 1805
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 April 21 09:10 BST (UK) »
If you look at the previous image (115 of 278) the heading is

Names of the Prisoners in Newgate
Debtors

I think that the left-hand column for William Cook Jutsum says "disch'd 6 February 1805"

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: William cook Jutsum , Newgate Goal Feb , 1805
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 April 21 09:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you , I was wondering if it was discharged .  Must remember to look at other pages . Thanks , Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..