Author Topic: Finding my nana Catherine Boyle grave  (Read 1262 times)

Offline 29saxbyrd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding my nana Catherine Boyle grave
« on: Saturday 03 April 21 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi can anybody help locate my nana grave please.I’ve tried so many times and had no luck I’ve come away upset cause I can’t find it ,she is buried in allerton cemetery died 1974 grave number 1274 Section RC23 you think it would be easy having these details but it’s not , I don’t live in Liverpool any help would be great thanks margy.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Finding my nana Catherine Boyle grave
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 April 21 21:55 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

Have you contacted the cemetery to ask for a plan showing where he grave is?

If you search Google for Allerton cemetery there are numerous plans available.
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 29saxbyrd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 April 21 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hi nanny jan
Thank you for your help I will ring up and ask for a plan of the grave .

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 April 21 07:30 BST (UK) »
Hiya Margy - and a warm welcome to Rootschat
I live 2 miles from Allerton Cemetery
look at the map - RC23 is at the top by the Jewish section - my mum / dad /brother and nan are not far from there .RC23 is over the main road tothe right of the Crematorium
when you say " I've come away upset " do you mean you have visited Allerton Cemetery ??
if so - if you want to meet let me know - I have 2 friends in our local pub who are grave diggers and know the place like the back of their hands - I could organise one of them to take us straight to the grave - do you know if there is a Headstone ???

https://www.google.com/search?q=allerton+cemetery+plan&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=j4i6Ynhrp3jr-M%252CY5Gp-G6T1ZNwaM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRu50eHrRrAsGJZLX3dFmMDqA2N0g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwtYLc-ePvAhXeh_0HHTzVBQQQ9QF6BAgNEAE&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=j4i6Ynhrp3jr-M
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 April 21 07:55 BST (UK) »
Which also - makes me think -
My G Grandmother was Sophia Sacht - her sister was Adelaide Sacht - their father was Carl Freidrich Sacht b 1846 in Heligoland - a British Island off germany / Denmark coast - he married a Garston girl Mary Ellen Jones - Carl was a Merchant Sailor .
Sophia married William Edward Oakes - my surname
Adelaide married John Wesley Boyle b 1880 - in my tree I have the following
John Boyle b 1845 - his wife Margaret Boyle b 1853
Robert W Boyle b 1877 - Jane Boyle b 1879
John Wesley and Adelaides children Sophia b 1912 John B 1915 and Carl Frederick Peter b 1901

still a lot of Boyle family here in Garston - and Catherine Boyle is used many times through the years - I would be very interested to know Catherines Maiden name and who she married and whether she was a Garston girl ??  Allerton Cemetery is on the Garston border - many Garston People walk to the cemetery

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?q.surname=boyle&q.anyPlace=garston&f.recordCountry=England&m.defaultFacets=on&m.queryRequireDefault=on&m.facetNestCollectionInCategory=on&count=20&offset=0
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline 29saxbyrd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 April 21 08:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you ever so much for replying to my post for my nan I have been with my husband we was given a number of 1274 . RC 23 we have tried but can’t find it . It is under the name Catherine Boyle . And possibly her daughter Veronica . We would be very happy to meet you there  when it is convenient to do so . Thanks again margy

Offline 29saxbyrd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 April 21 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry I’ve forgot to mention my nan does have a  headstone.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 April 21 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Margy, Welcome to Rootschat :-)

Can't help with the grave location, sorry.

You said that your nana died in 1974, but the only burial I can find in Allerton for a Catherine Boyle in section RC 23, grave 1274 is for a lady of that name who died in 1975 and was buried on 14th Nov 1975. She was 87 and her address at that time was 146 Donhead Mews(? not too sure as the writing is a bit cramped) in Netherley.

I looked at the old newspapers and there were two entries in the death announcements in the Echo on 12th Nov 1975, page 4, col1.

Neither mention the funeral arrangements or an address but they say she died on 10th November 1975 and were  tributes from family members.
If your Nana had daughters named Violet and Maggie then these were for her and I can transcribe them in here for you if you'd like.

If you know when her daughter Veronica died (and if her surname was still Boyle at the time) I can look and see if she is in the same grave.

Boo

Offline 29saxbyrd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 April 21 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo sorry I’ve been given the wrong date she died it was  November 1975
We do have the grave number just can’t find it but thank you so much for your help and I don’t know her daughters married name . Margy