Author Topic: LLOYD in Carmarthenshire  (Read 523 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
LLOYD in Carmarthenshire
« on: Saturday 03 April 21 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone

I've got a little lead, but I'm recovering from a migraine right now so it is sending me more cross-eyed than usual. I'm hoping some experienced/eagle-eyed rootschatters might be able to help me follow it.

My (potential/probable?) ancestor Walter LEWIS (d. 1731) married "Johannula" LLOYD (d. 1708) (Latin records for the christenings... I assumed "Johanna"). I haven't found a marriage (first known child 1694, last 1708), all Meidrim, Carmarthenshire.

I was idly browsing records when I came across a probate index with Walter JONES, 1732. I thought it might be his- however, when someone kindly took a look for me, it turned out to be the probate for a Thomas LLOYD (will 1731, before my Walter's death, record for 1732) an alehouse keeper of Llanboidy, with mentions of his wife Jane, sister Mary wife of James DAVID, sister Katherine widow of Samuel DAVID and the children of "Jennett" wife of Walter LEWIS of Meidrim, Carmarthenshire.

I've been trying to find... literally anything. Christening records that far back will be hit and miss anyway, much less trying to find a Thomas, Mary, Katherine and some variation of Jennet with the same father.

Getting the will might prove Thomas as my "Johannula"'s brother if he names her children individually in it, but how might I go further back?

Any ideas or info welcome.
Ayashi :)