Author Topic: Brownsea Castle  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brownsea Castle
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 June 21 22:59 BST (UK) »
Pat to, Welcome to RootsChat....I'm not sure if you are aware, but if you use someone elses work, you must ask permission first or at least acknowledge that you have used their work.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline PatBot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 June 21 00:02 BST (UK) »
Pat to, Welcome to RootsChat....I'm not sure if you are aware, but if you use someone elses work, you must ask permission first or at least acknowledge that you have used their work.
Carol

Unsure if you are referring to me, but, I can assure you I worked from the original photo... repaired, cleaned and coloured.
Peter made me aware of the protocol a few days ago.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 June 21 01:07 BST (UK) »
 Hi PatBot Well Carol is not refering to me and I'm the only other Pat on here. Carol knows I always do my own restoration and if I was going to add colour, I would use my own work.
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 June 21 10:38 BST (UK) »
I have just overlaid japeflake's restore with the coloured version at 40% opacity to show how alike they are.  The coloured one seems to be a coloured version  of JP's restore.

Gadget

Image removed now that posters have seen it
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline PatBot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 June 21 13:13 BST (UK) »
I have just overlaid japeflake's restore with the coloured version at 40% opacity to show how alike they are.  The coloured one seems to be a coloured version  of JP's restore.

Gadget

I will say this once more... Peter made me aware of not using other peoples restores... the work I did was from the original photograph.
I am not being drawn into an online argument.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 June 21 13:22 BST (UK) »
I've just checked and you did this on the 22nd and you apologised to Peter on the 21st.

It's not an argument - it's a fact and courtesy rules.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 June 21 16:23 BST (UK) »
Carol

Unsure if you are referring to me, but, I can assure you I worked from the original photo... repaired, cleaned and coloured.
Peter made me aware of the protocol a few days ago.

Sorry Pat, I should have checked what I wrote, that's predictive text, and yes, in common with the rest of us restorers on here, we all use our own work.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 June 21 16:26 BST (UK) »
I've just checked and you did this on the 22nd and you apologised to Peter on the 21st.

It's not an argument - it's a fact and courtesy rules.

That's board etiquette, there is no problem with using other people's work if permission is granted and the restorer is acknowledged.

Carol

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 26 June 21 18:46 BST (UK) »
I will say this once more... Peter made me aware of not using other peoples restores... the work I did was from the original photograph.
I am not being drawn into an online argument.

Patbot has assured us that it is their own work.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk