Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 4th April - Easter Sunday  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 4th April - Easter Sunday
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 April 21 15:01 BST (UK) »
A lovely unexpected day for you Ruskie, I hope you're not affected by the heavy rain.

A very busy one for you Caroline, what a shame about the motorbikes disturbing your peace. Shocking that your friends' table has been stolen, it doesn't sound like something that's been the target of a random theft, someone probably had their eye on that.

Pleased to hear that you had more settled weather MH, your walk sounds lovely. Hope you get to see your son and family before too long. Perhaps they don't realise how important it is to you to get together at times like these.

Candleflame, your Easter egg hunt sounds like fun, what a good idea.
I don't think it's the change of season that unsettles me, although I must admit the change in the clocks puts me out of kilter for a few days. The tree pollens affect me but that's usually in March, makes me cough more. I think it's the bank holidays, I never liked them when I was at work, would rather have had a day off some other time, but this year seeing families doing things it just seems to have underlined my being alone. But I need to count my blessings, thank you for your kind words.  :)

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 April 21 15:46 BST (UK) »
I think it's the bank holidays, I never liked them when I was at work, would rather have had a day off some other time, but this year seeing families doing things it just seems to have underlined my being alone.

I can understand that feeling too Roobarb.  I think that when we were all isolating it was easier to cope though I do have OH to talk to.  We live a long way from both of our siblings and they have families of their own to meet up with.  Even our local friends are off visiting their children  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 April 21 16:29 BST (UK) »
The lack of social contact seems to be affecting us all regardless of the domestic setup, we all crave some variety in our lives. I can't imagine how it's been for those who have been shielding all this time, at least I can get out and about in the fresh air and have a change of scenery.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 April 21 18:08 BST (UK) »
Good to hear what you have all been up to.

Yesterday sister, brother-inlaw and I (in a bubble) went to my nieces.   It was an absolutely beautiful day and I spent some time enjoying the sunshine in their garden.   Nephew in law (what do you call a nieces husband) made roast dinner which was scrumptious, especially the gravy.   Turned out he'd added red wine too (as mentioned by someone earlier) and boy, did that make a difference.   Best I've ever tasted.   Took over clothes for the twins which I'd bought or knitted and got to have lots of cuddles with them.   A magical day in every respect.

All gloom and doom predicted weatherwise today (Monday) but although temp. has dropped it has been another bright and sunny day once again continuing to lift ones spirits.   Spending it alone today but that was my choice.

Have asked my niece to send me one of the photos of the twins taken yesterday which I will post once received.

Best wishes to all.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 April 21 19:02 BST (UK) »
The lack of social contact seems to be affecting us all regardless of the domestic setup, we all crave some variety in our lives. I can't imagine how it's been for those who have been shielding all this time, at least I can get out and about in the fresh air and have a change of scenery.

Have to say I don't crave social contact? It's nice, but I don't crave for company.
I like my own company, and can keep myself amused for days and weeks ;D
I tested my hypothesis during my 21-day covid lockdown.

As long as I have research to do, books to read and meals to cook, I am perfectly happy on my own.
Followed that with Thai Yellow Chicken Curry; made from scratch!
Roast chicken this past weekend, with proper gravy (no granules, thank you!)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 05 April 21 22:19 BST (UK) »
Pleased to hear the day turned out well Annette including the weather and the gravy.  :D

KG, I too can and do keep myself amused, I've been testing your hypothesis for a year now, haven't been to any shops or anywhere social apart from a couple of pub lunches in September and am not in a bubble with anyone. Perhaps you'd find after twelve months that you would like some company.  :)
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 05 April 21 22:42 BST (UK) »
Macy and Darcy's first Easter, with their bunnies.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 05 April 21 23:18 BST (UK) »
What lovely picture Annette of your two little gt nieces... you must have had a wonderful day with your family and at least the weather was kind to you!

KG - it’s interesting to hear that you’re happy with your own company and can find plenty to do... for 21 days is a challenge for many people to be on their own...
Many have shielded for 12 months and that must be extremely hard...and with no choice not to either!
Not sure I’d manage 21 days on my own... in fact i know I probably wouldn’t! I’m lucky I have my OH to converse with and calls to friends and family but to be truly isolated must be hard!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 05 April 21 23:44 BST (UK) »
Lovely pictures of the babies, thanks.
Nice descriptions if your gardens and lovely walks and scrumptious food!

Well Flash Harry came today and got his Easter egg and the books .
He has grown , hopefully not too long now before I can go down there .
A few months more patience and hopefully it will be allowed.

My Mum’s birthday tomorrow ,would be 125 ,born 1896 ,the seventh of twelve children.

Daughter phoned tonight as usual .

A very bright sunny day but very cold and a brisk wind too.
Anemones coming up , in window boxes.
Suddenly the borders are looking full , must find a place for  the  new rose bush ,I have not scraped the bark yet but it does look “ hydrated” .
My son can take his too.

Not so stiff today thank goodness.

Looking forward to a haircut ,I really am.
Then after an eye appointment which I must chase up, new glasses.

It is always the same ,after a holiday weekend ,beauty spots and all parks are
left with cans and broken glass  lying about .
You do wonder at the mentality of such people .
It used to happen in our park, and just at the river’s edge where kiddies paddled and dogs drank and swam .
We group of walkers used to pick it up ,,for our dogs’ safety but also
Childrens ‘.
The number of used barbecues !.The use once sort!

We have had quite a long slog , with so much time completely alone , I think it would not be natural  if we weren’t getting fed up now .
But we have stuck to the rules and done the best we could and so in no small way have helped , we should all go out for a knees up ,when it is fully OK to do so!
Well bed calls ,so cheerio for now .
Viktoria.