Author Topic: death Mary Adelaide Patten d april 1933 balmain district  (Read 209 times)

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • david turner
    • View Profile
death Mary Adelaide Patten d april 1933 balmain district
« on: Monday 05 April 21 17:57 BST (UK) »
could anyone tell me if papers covered the death of Mary Adelaide Ball d 1933 balmain district ive tried trove but i havnt mastered how to research it any help appreciated her husband was mums grand uncle Charles Henry Ball think he died 1950 balmain
hawkins,callard,vickery,stacey,bolt,=devon                   hodges=portsmouth<br />turner'pitt,verrender,clarke,perks=worcester=ball cornwall=ball /cavey/aubert /hebert/ashelford/jersey/ hole somerset

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: death Mary Adelaide Patten d april 1933 balmain district
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 April 21 18:15 BST (UK) »
Some funeral notices with details of family members
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article16956246

M

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • david turner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 April 21 18:26 BST (UK) »
many thanks for that verry helpfull bits of info on Marys funeral
hawkins,callard,vickery,stacey,bolt,=devon                   hodges=portsmouth<br />turner'pitt,verrender,clarke,perks=worcester=ball cornwall=ball /cavey/aubert /hebert/ashelford/jersey/ hole somerset

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 01:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

this site has a photo of the grave at Field of Mars

not a good photo , but better than nothing

Cass

https://nmclm.com.au/locations/field-of-mars/

also the death and funeral notice for Charles

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/18143616?searchTerm=%22ball%20%22

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 05:45 BST (UK) »
Just a hint re TROVE - I find, since they 'improved' it, that using the 'advanced search' function works quite well.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • david turner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 17:54 BST (UK) »
many thanks  David is it possible find grave of her husband Charles Henry Ball d26 feb 1950 4 roberts  st rozelle hes my mums grand uncle

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 01:35 BST (UK) »
CassT gave you a link to the Funeral Notice for Charles in the Sydney Morning Herald which says that he is also buried at the Field of Mars.
"BALL. -The Relatives and Friends of the late CHARLES HENRY BALL are invited to attend his Funeral to leave 4 Roberts Street Rozelle This Afternoon after service commencing at 3 o clock for the Church of England Cemetery,  Field of Mars"

I've tried the link given by CassT for the Field of Mars but I'm not getting any further than the Search facility - after I put in the name/dates etc it just comes up with generic words ??? ???

Judith

Edit to add:
By using FindaGrave from Ancestry I see Mary's plot:
https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2174512/memorial-search?firstname=&middlename=&lastname=Ball&cemeteryName=Field+of+Mars+Cemetery&birthyear=&birthyearfilter=&deathyear=&deathyearfilter=&memorialid=&mcid=&linkedToName=&datefilter=&orderby=n

Mary Adelaide Ball
BIRTH   1879
DEATH   Apr 1933 (aged 5354)
BURIAL   
Field of Mars Cemetery, East Ryde, Ryde City, New South Wales, Australia
PLOT   Portion: Ang Row: Sec S Plot: 1773

and Charles

Charles Henry Ball
BIRTH   1867
DEATH   Feb 1950 (aged 8283)
BURIAL   
Field of Mars Cemetery, East Ryde, Ryde City, New South Wales, Australia
PLOT   Portion: Ang Row: Sec S Plot: 1773

So they are buried together.

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 05:39 BST (UK) »
very strange, I just checked the search option at Field of Mars for the Ball's and members of my family that are buried at Field of Mars, and nothing comes up, same problem at Macquarie Park. I have sent them an email as it seems there is a problem with their search system.

The headstone photo I spoke about was very bad really "Dark", I think it recorded Mary and Charles

Cass

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • david turner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 06:34 BST (UK) »
ive had same problem i thought i was doing something wrong i got Charles Henry Ball  death in paper died 4 roberts st rozelle late of 54 church st balmain it mensions family members i would love to know where they fit in on my family tree grandfather of joan and charles and uncle of Mary Moules charles was one of 12 children in st hellier channel islands his brother Arthur is mums grandad