Author Topic: Diary > Easter Monday 5th April  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Easter Monday 5th April
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 15:29 BST (UK) »
Oh heck Ruskie.... hope daughter improves rapidly.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 23:02 BST (UK) »
Sounds awful, and all because of the pesky moggy. And I'm guessing that your own furry friend has been making her voice heard again Ruskie. Hope things have improved since (your) yesterday.

Diana, I'm enjoying the educational facts, keep them coming.  :) I didn't absorb a lot in geography lessons at school but it's never too late to learn.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 00:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roobarb.  I had a great teacher for geography in high school, although I must admit I always preferred history.
In reference to offspring and the stuff they leave behind, when my ex and I split most of the kids’ possessions went to his new house at the time, I could only afford a small bungalow, so didn’t have room to store a lot.  I did keep mementos from their early years, of course.
Went down to the local park today, in the car, and parked by the Thames.  What a racket the geese are making!  Saw a creature in its burrow, one person said it was a beaver, another said it was a groundhog.  Couldn’t see its tail to verify for former, but no big teeth.  It was quite sweet and small and not shy, maybe a young one, but a bit early for a 2021 baby to be out and about on its own. Lots of people walking about, was around 20 C. 
Got a few things done today - laundry, online work, made lemon squares, finished the jigsaw and a good walk.
Good news - local health unit has now opened vaccines to 65 and up, so I am in luck.  Just need to book a time!  No luck yet, will keep trying. 

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 17:27 BST (UK) »
Good luck with your booking Diana, soon be V day!  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 April 21 01:30 BST (UK) »
Good luck with your booking Diana, soon be V day!  :)
[/quot

Thank you Roobarb, fingers crossed!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 April 21 07:34 BST (UK) »
I was looking at your local geography Diana..... no wonder it is so cold where you are!!
Added, and now I see you have gone fabulously warm.... well obviously you don't find it fabulous, but I think we would. :P
It has gone really cold again here, so I dread to think about Roobarb and RTL in the Frozen North!  :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 April 21 10:19 BST (UK) »
It has gone really cold again here, so I dread to think about Roobarb and RTL in the Frozen North!  :'(

And Gadget and myself ( plus probably others). We get used to cold weather up here and also know where the wind comes from - sometimes you can tell it's heading from the North just my sniffing the air through a slightly open window. We all have different coats / jackets depending on if it's rain that's going to soak you as against just getting slightly wet , and I know I have a particular coat I wear from a mountain type company for when the wind is the sort that goes right through you !
However today the sun is shining, the acer is starting to unfurl it's leaves and it's a coat and scarf day but gloves probably not needed lol. The old adage ne'er cast a clout till May is out, is often useful up here, though even we too had that hot spell pre Easter!
North East of England

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 08 April 21 10:29 BST (UK) »
Sorry Candleflame, Gadget and many others.
Anywhere North of the Severn I expect!  ;)

Down here, even the swans anticpate the wind and move from place to place accordingly seeking the best shelter.

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 08 April 21 10:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry Candleflame, Gadget and many others.
Anywhere North of the Severn I expect!  ;)

Down here, even the swans anticpate the wind and move from place to place accordingly seeking the best shelter.

The Severn! We're all between the Tweed and the Esk I think . I've often wondered if we've ever seen each other somewhere at some event but not known each other. I know down south, folk like groom and greensleeves and others have met up back in the day as rootschatters . Will those days of meeting up happen again? Like some others I'm just wanting to meet up with family , but when I retire , I'd like to join a walking group as husband can't walk far and I miss walking a decent distance and I'm to much of a nervous soul to go to certain places on my own. I've found I've become more nervous as I've got older..... Anyone else?
North East of England