Author Topic: William (Billy) Hardy  (Read 1681 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: William (Billy) Hardy
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 April 21 14:45 BST (UK) »
The death was registered in E. Retford reg district which does not cover Saxilby. 
https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/east%20retford.html

Deaths are registered in the area that they occur.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 April 21 14:53 BST (UK) »
Newspaper report states - William Hardy, 22, Labourer who had recently been living in a tent in a field at Scrooby was found dead in a hedge bottom at Vicarage Lane, Scrooby yesterday morning, by  another labourer John Smith

It was in the Nottingham Evening Post 07 November 1921 so he must have died on the 6th

Thank for your help I found my William  in newspaper clip he died. Tuesday 8th November it was in Retford newspaper

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 April 21 15:07 BST (UK) »
Thank for your help I found my William  in newspaper clip he died. Tuesday 8th November it was in Retford newspaper
Now I just need to find his family he was born 1889 it says on death index so he was 22 yrs old. Thank you all oh it also said he lived at no fixed abode

if he was 22 when he died in 1921 he was born in 1899...
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline honestlove65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 April 21 15:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you again for your help rosie saxilby is what my aunt told me he was when he died so shes wrong , and i was only able to see a little of the paper info as im not paid subsciption to see all the details or i missed it but thats a gret help thank you , i just need to find his parents now to help me tie the mto my uncle tommy hardy born 1935 the thomas hardy i mentioned earlier in conversation i was wrong i ment thomas hard born 1872 married to mary ann smith regards mandy

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 April 21 18:11 BST (UK) »
Perhaps then we should be working from this marriage
Marriage Sep qtr 1900   
Hardy    Thomas        
Smith    Mary Ann       
Worksop    7b   73

If William who died age 22 is a cousin to the Thomas born 1912 to Thomas & Mary Ann then he has to be a child of a sibling of Thomas Snr. 

St John. Worksop
Marriage 20 Aug 1900
Thomas HARDY age 28 - Bachelor - occ Hawker
Groom abode   Building Ground Sandhill Street
Mary Ann  SMITH age 20 -    spinster
Bride abode   Building Ground Sandhill Street
Groom's  father    William Hardy occ Hawker
Bride's father Rudolph Smith occ Hawker

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 April 21 18:19 BST (UK) »
Are you sure about William who died being a cousin of your Thomas.  I can't give details but in 1911 Thomas & Mary A have a 'son' William that would fit with the age of the one that died.

Offline honestlove65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 April 21 19:57 BST (UK) »
All I know is William is a cousin of Thomas Hardy born 1872 who married Mary ann smith I made a mistake saying Thomas 1912. But thing is they very evasive with information I don't understand why. There's also Thomas born 1912 he married winfred Richardson they had a son called Thomas born 1935 so maybe William is his cousin. Its all confusing.. Thank you for your help and sorry for the confusion but this is how I'm told the story. Regards mandy

Offline smckeag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 16 October 21 21:40 BST (UK) »
I have a William "Billy" Hardy in my family line, with similar dates, but in Canada. I don't know if perhaps that's possible for your line, but I thought I would mention it in the event that it helps with something :)

Offline honestlove65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 18 October 21 15:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for your help but I been going over the family again I have it wrong. But I'm told my  greatgrandad William was the cousin of Thomas Hardy born 1935 married rosetta pearcy. Thomas born 1935 his father Thomas Hardy born 1912 married winnifred Richardson. Then his father Thomas born 1872 Newark Notts then his father was was William Hardy born 1845 Notts. So sorry for the confusion. I'm looking into this side today again. I'm told that my great grandfather William was the nephew of Thomas born 1912 but I'm wondering if he was intact nephew of William 1872 instead. But like I say thank you everyone.