Author Topic: Sea Wall Portishead  (Read 658 times)

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Sea Wall Portishead
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 April 21 06:50 BST (UK) »
Another one.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 April 21 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi KG, I'm the original poster. I live in Portishead and collect old photos of the town. Tomorrow I was intending to post the restored photo, along with my photo of how the wall looks now on the Portishead Past Facebook page - 'past & present'.
Regards, Jeff

I'll leave it with you, then ;D
I still have family in Possett; 4 generations have been to Portishead Primary School (Slade Road as was).
As for myself; self-imposed exile on the Isle of Man for 27 years now :D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline clarksparks

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 April 21 08:41 BST (UK) »
Posset has changed a lot in recent years, still a good place to live though. Since moving to an apartment on the Marina I've been researching the history of the docks and town and collecting old photos - all put together in a .pdf file; you're welcome to a copy.
Thanks to all for your work on the photo.