Author Topic: Are you related to any one famous?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline BourneGooner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Are you related to any one famous?
« on: Wednesday 07 April 21 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Just a bit of fun in these strange times but are you related to anyone "famous" in anyway, the best I can come up with is James Bond is my 2nd cousin 4x removed I've now just found out Albert Trotter married another 2nd cousin, alright might not be THE James Bond but.......and I just hope it's not the same Albert Trotter that got that boat stuck in the Canal but you never know.

BourneGooner
Lock's of Rutland, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire
Goff's of Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire
Smith's - Gypsy descendants of Barthwell Smith

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Are you related to any one famous?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 19:16 BST (UK) »
A grandson of my 6xGreat-grandmother was John Constable RA ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 21:06 BST (UK) »
Very proud and have boasted before that my father was a lodger in livepool with someone whos nephew became
Famous
The landlady was called Mimi SMITH. + Her nephew lived with her.

His name was John and my father gave him his first harmonica but the protest that my father sang or whistlecd around the house came from my Scots grandmother and her weaving mining and cloth lapping families

They all believed religion was oppressive and the world would be a better place without big divisions of rich and poor reflected in the songs .

My grandad was in Navy and believed in bridging gaps between countries. Taught me to say hello + thank you in seven languages

& Had a healthy disrespect of authority + an objective view of war atrocities

So those ideas and beliefs and songs which influence me to wish for a better world also influenced a future song writer.

IMAGINE that .

I'm now teaching myself harmonica
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 21:43 BST (UK) »
My gran was the older 8th cousin on the Kray twins. I can actually credit someone else for finding the Kray link to my ancestors as I was unaware of the link at the time but he just happened to mention it in passing once as he said it was a rare surname in Shoreditch/Stepney and I checked for myself, the same family.

I did a bit more following up on Patsy Kensit's Samain line, as he wed a Cracknell from Finchingfield, and her ancestors meet up with mine in Finchingfield.

Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 22:45 BST (UK) »
No one I knew of until recently.  Then I found this wonderful lady!

This is Ivy St. Helier in 1933 from the film 'Bitter Sweet'...

https://youtu.be/UD2cDCh79f8

bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 April 21 01:39 BST (UK) »
My first cousin twice removed Edwin William Barratt Vincent (1881-1940) was the well known and respected actor Edwin Beverley.  He also worked as a stage manager and wrote plays and songs. 
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 April 21 07:55 BST (UK) »
I'm a fifth cousin of Charlotte Rampling, we share Skelsey ancestors. Her descent is entirely in the female line, my mother's is all in the male line. No  family resemblance, unsurprisingly.

There's another thread about this somewhere.
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 08 April 21 08:59 BST (UK) »
I'm a fifth cousin of Charlotte Rampling, we share Skelsey ancestors. Her descent is entirely in the female line, my mother's is all in the male line. No  family resemblance, unsurprisingly.

There's another thread about this somewhere.

Yes there was another thread elsewhere - cannot currently remember what it was - on which I was pleased to say that I had finally found a connection (4th cousin) with a young actor with a very distinctive name (that helped), well known in a number of TV programmes and particularly a long-running series.

I wrote to him via Ancestry, but perhaps not surprisingly didn't receive a reply.

My nephew, also an actor, was very interested to hear of the relationship and I suppose they may meet in some theatrical or other setting in the future. 

Certainly a conversation-starter if that ever happens:  "hello, I think you're my 5th cousin...."
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 08 April 21 11:52 BST (UK) »
Very proud and have boasted before that my father was a lodger in livepool with someone whos nephew became
Famous
The landlady was called Mimi SMITH. + Her nephew lived with her.

His name was John and my father gave him his first harmonica but the protest that my father sang or whistlecd around the house came from my Scots grandmother and her weaving mining and cloth lapping families

They all believed religion was oppressive and the world would be a better place without big divisions of rich and poor reflected in the songs .

My grandad was in Navy and believed in bridging gaps between countries. Taught me to say hello + thank you in seven languages

& Had a healthy disrespect of authority + an objective view of war atrocities

So those ideas and beliefs and songs which influence me to wish for a better world also influenced a future song writer.

IMAGINE that .

I'm now teaching myself harmonica

I read in one of the biographies (don't recall which) that one of the student lodgers had an affair with Mimi. Just thought I'd mention it......

Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)