Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 8th April  (Read 760 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Thursday 8th April
« on: Friday 09 April 21 08:58 BST (UK) »
Not a lot to report....

Out for a walk a bit earlier than usual, it was windy but not as cold. There seemed to be less people about, mostly dog walkers. Got blown around the field and returned feeling breathless.
I'd put some spag bol ingredients in the slow cooker earlier, added the mushrooms to it and left it to do its stuff. Had a cuppa then a friend phoned, had a good long chat which was enjoyable.
The window cleaner had arrived, I'd forgotten that all my seedlings were near the house, I saw him skirting around them. At least they'll have got a watering.

Couldn't really say what I did for the rest of the afternoon but it seemed to pass quickly. Watched Landscape Artist Canada in the evening, was disappointed to realise that this was the final and I'd missed most of the episodes leading to it. The scenery was beautiful, I would have liked to have a longer look at it. I wasn't keen on the winning painting, the colour choices were strange. I really liked one of the others but the judges obviously didn't agree.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 8th April
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 April 21 09:05 BST (UK) »
I also watched the Candian Landscape Artist programme and was amazed that they choose the winner.

Have you managed to watch the programme on the Scottish Painter - Eye of the Storm.   https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000tsfv   Really enjoyed it

Kay

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 April 21 09:07 BST (UK) »
I haven't seen that Kay, will watch it on iPlayer, thank you.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 April 21 09:18 BST (UK) »
Nothing much to report here either.

Daughter’s continuing back saga ... she squatted down to pick up some paper at work and hurt her back again.  ::) The doctor didn’t send her for any imaging but I think she will get a second opinion from the physio on Saturday.

Started watching another TV series, “Fearless” starring Helen McCrory. Very good.

Can’t remember what else happened.

Those arty programmes everyone talks about look interesting. I should seek them out.  :)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 April 21 09:31 BST (UK) »
Your poor daughter seems to be having a very bad time Ruskie, it's amazing how many movements affect your back. Hope the physio can help.

Would definitely recommend the art programmes,they're very absorbing. I've also been recording and watching one that's been on channel 4 in the late afternoons, it's called Drawers Off, presented by Jenny Éclair. It's painting of live models but not naked as the name implies, the contestants take turns and they have strategically draped material. To call it an art programme is a bit of a stretch, some of the paintings produced have been pretty awful but it's very entertaining.  ;D
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 April 21 10:12 BST (UK) »
I like the sound of Drawers Off Roobarb.  ;D

Yes, poor daughter is in the wars at the moment. She has been to the physio for sore neck and shoulders a couple of years ago. I think once things have improved, staying motivated to continue with the recommended exercise regime can be difficult, though essential.  :) Let’s hope she does as she is told this time.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 April 21 23:07 BST (UK) »
I also watched the Candian Lanscape Artist programme and was amazed that they choose the winner.

Have you managed to watch the programme on the Scottish Painter - Eye of the Storm.   https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000tsfv   Really enjoyed it

Kay

I can’t begin to thankyou Kay for putting the link to this programme... I started to watch it but stopped as I knew my OH would enjoy it too... so we watched it earlier tonight and I can honestly say I was reduced to tears with emotion for not only his breath taking pictures but for the fact that his eye sight was failing. Such wonderful paintings...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 10 April 21 00:09 BST (UK) »
A bright and sunny day - went out at lunchtime as had 3 places to go.   First to drop off birthday card and present at my nieces - Esmae's 11th birthday.   Didn't stay there long and then on to my nephews to meet up in garden.   So good to see his 4 daughters again (not seen since December).   Was there just over an hour and then to a supermarket cash point as I needed to get some cash.   Was able to stop right by the machine so back in the car within a minute or so.  On the way home stopped at a post box to post my application to vote via post in future.

Aside from that it was the normal chores as well as changing the bed.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 10 April 21 02:31 BST (UK) »
I also watched the Candian Lanscape Artist programme and was amazed that they choose the winner.

Kay

I can’t begin to thankyou Kay for putting the link to this programme... I started to watch it but stopped as I knew my OH would enjoy it too... so we watched it earlier tonight and I can honestly say I was reduced to tears with emotion for not only his breath taking pictures but for the fact that his eye sight was failing. Such wonderful paintings...

Caroline

So glad you loved it Caroline.   Such a gentle unassuming man and a wonderful artist. 

Kay