Author Topic: Looking for California obits  (Read 749 times)

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Looking for California obits
« on: Saturday 10 April 21 16:04 BST (UK) »
Looking for the obits of the following:

Isabel Gillette Williamson Day, b. 1 Aug 1904 in Illinois to Dr. Charles Spencer Williamson and his wife, Josephine Gillette Williamson; d. 27 Jan 1982 in Santa Clara county, CA.

spouse of:

Lewis Andrew Day, b. 5 Dec 1900 in Glencoe, IL to Charles Lewis Day and Lily McLeish Day; d. 21 Mar 1988 in Santa Clara county, CA.  His residence was listed as San Mateo on the SSDI.

I've looked at the Palo Alto obituary database and the California Newspaper database, but didn't see either listed.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ADDED:  They also lived in Essex county, NJ from <1935-1950s.  I'm not aware of when they moved to California

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for California obits
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 April 21 22:54 BST (UK) »
Looking for the obits of the following:

Isabel Gillette Williamson Day, b. 1 Aug 1904 in Illinois to Dr. Charles Spencer Williamson and his wife, Josephine Gillette Williamson; d. 27 Jan 1982 in Santa Clara county, CA.

spouse of:

Lewis Andrew Day, b. 5 Dec 1900 in Glencoe, IL to Charles Lewis Day and Lily McLeish Day; d. 21 Mar 1988 in Santa Clara county, CA.  His residence was listed as San Mateo on the SSDI.

I've looked at the Palo Alto obituary database and the California Newspaper database, but didn't see either listed.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ADDED:  They also lived in Essex county, NJ from <1935-1950s.  I'm not aware of when they moved to California

Yes, there are obits for both of them in the Redwood City Tribune / Peninsula Times Tribune.

Copies of these obits are available for $5 from the San Mateo County Genealogical Society.

https://www.smcgs.org/sites/default/files/database_files/Obituary%20Index%202020a.pdf

Go to page 404 of the PDF file.

Day Isabel W 28-Jan-1982 

Day Lewis Andrew 24-Mar-1988

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for California obits
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 April 21 23:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the link RJ.  I'll send them an email.  Again, you've come through.