Author Topic: Molly/Mollie Brown father Robert Alfred Brown  (Read 1043 times)

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Molly/Mollie Brown father Robert Alfred Brown
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 April 21 17:29 BST (UK) »
Possible for Molly?

Births Jun 1930   
Brown    Molly    Powell    Lambeth    1d   269

Immediately after this on fbmd is another entry...

Patricia M Brown mmn Powell Lambeth 1d 269a.

There is a death listed.
 Patricia M Brown Lambeth Dec quarter 1930 1d 297

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline windsor26

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 11 April 21 23:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much everyone for your advices and work  I do think this site is fabulous  it never disappoints   I look forward to hearing further re the death certificate and thank you for this
I do agree it seems Dorothy was older than Alfie nd his birth records I have are correct which was as Robert Alfred Brown  in Yorkshire long before his mother left his father and came down south and met Armand Faucheux senior.

Just on another note  I do not know if you have any suggestions  regarding trying to find the Military experience of my Father  Armand Antione Faucheux junior born July 27th  1906 Southwark   He was a despatch rider at the start of the war on a motor cycle but when France was invaded his uncles were interned as French citizens and he was transferred to another division in the army (as despatch riders were near secret information they said) and I THINK  he drove tanks possibly 8th army .    If I search for him I get all the Faucheux Senior service from 1914 to 1919 when he died of Spanish flu on his way home from the war but NOTHING  about my father. and sadly I did not his his complete army number and now cannot find the bit I had.

Thanks again   

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 April 21 00:51 BST (UK) »
Since you are talking about your father in WW2 - you won't find anything for him regarding WW2 service as records of men serving after 1920 are still with the Ministry of Defence.   You can apply for details but it takes months of waiting (and I mean months) and last I heard it cost £30.

By the way, it's a will I've ordered, not a death certificate. 

Annette 

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline windsor26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 April 21 03:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Annette  I just could not understand why there was nothing available and as you say there is  cost which these days we have to be careful about  (live in Australia on frozen 2003 pension)
Thanks for thinking of getting the will   I never thought about that for finding information  regards Yvonne

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 May 21 20:21 BST (UK) »
Right, will was available for download 4 days later than they had advised: the salient points are that she was Dorothy Mabel Brown, married woman, the will being made 18/10/1960 some 19 years before she died.   Makes no mention of her husband although clearly states she is a married woman so one has to wonder if they had split up at some point.   Refers to her sister, Louisa Somerville and brother John Jellings Powell (thus confirming she was indeed the Dorothy Mabel Powell who'd been suggested).   Also refers to her son in law, Alfred George Taylor, her daughter being Patricia Molly.   

So, after all that, her daughter 'Molly' was actually Patricia Molly and known by her second name.

If you are happy to PM me your private email address I can send copy of the will to you.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline windsor26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 04 May 21 23:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Annette  I appre4ciate the work you have done  lots of new information for me   my e mail is  yafm11 at tpg dot com, dot au   Have a good day and stay safe  Yvonne