Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 10th April.  (Read 957 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 10th April.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 April 21 19:55 BST (UK) »
That is what l meant to say Caroline, but got distracted.
(If l had a brain l would be dangerous!! 🙄)
I am surprised that you have found the 2nd vac more troublesome than the first, and l do hope you are feeling more comfortable today.

😂😂😂 - never mind MH we all have those moments!
Can honestly say I’ve felt like chewed string today! Glad there isn’t a third jab... yet!

Viktoria - I’m so pleased for you that you’ve got a hair appointment... I wish... trying a new one ( after 15 years with old one) and still waiting to hear.... not so bad can put it up over the summer... can’t decide what to do with it re cut or keep... definitely don’t like the grey coming through though...
Glad the horse has made a good recovery and that he and FH have a great affinity.... great for children to appreciate animals and have some responsibilities...

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 April 21 21:07 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear the second vaccination was worse than the first,just jog my memory did you have the Pfeizer or Astro Zeneca.?
Quite a number who had the AZ have been really unwell for up to a week.
Both times.

Sunny all day,but really cold.
Planted ,in a tub my Captain Sir Tom rose , some tiny shoots coming now .
Hopefully will be OK, son took his on Friday.

Lily of the Valley not looking good,bought from M&S as a pad, by son for Mothering Sunday with some very scented Dianthus ,I never have success with them ,L of V ,my favourite flowers.

Tulips almost open , and apple blossom buds too, and we have yet to have some frosts I expect.
Daffodils going over now, have been lovely but  harsh weather has battered them.
Such lovely birdsong in the nearby huge Ash tree.It is a curse re falling leaves and pesky seeds but so many birds sing in it ,lovely.

Number two son usually rings  today,  but they may have gone somewhere, wherever  they are allowed to go.!
Often a walk .

Chicken tasty ,and so much left ,I might freeze some in slices for butties .
I like chicken and mushroom pie and chicken and leek pie too.mmmm.

I need some serious anti wrinkle cream!
Squinting through specs no longer the correct prescription has given me deep lines on my forehead and   bridge of my nose !
Got some  Nivea Q10 oil— £20!!! - been using it just over a week and no improvement!Rubbish!
I wanted instant transformation. ::)Preferably back to being as I was at 21!
Well it hasn’t worked  >:(
I suppose being in so much hasn’t helped.

Keep well folks  and enjoy your art classes, books gardening,family contacts 
and your walks.
Cheerio.Viktoria

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 April 21 23:18 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear the second vaccination was worse than the first,just jog my memory did you have the Pfeizer or Astro Zeneca.?
Quite a number who had the AZ have been really unwell for up to a week.
Both times.

It was the Pfizer one I had...still felt ropy today! At least it’s the last one... for now!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 April 21 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hope you feel better tomorrow Caroline.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 April 21 23:44 BST (UK) »
That’s the trouble with getting in early in the diary threads - there are so many posts after, and so many comments I want to make.

Keep is informed about how you are feeling after the second jab Caroline. It’s a bit scary not knowing how you might react to the jobs. Some sail through and some are very poorly.

There is still a lot of talk here about the merits, and otherwise, of the two vaccinations we will have in this country. We have had supply issues, and they are saying it could be a couple of years before everyone is offered the jab. Still, if we continue to control the spread here, then we are in not so much of a rush to roll it out. Now there is talk of the vaccination not being effective against new variants of covid.  ::)

My OH also has a bad back Caroline. He has a few issues with his spine. When he is laid up I think I suffer almost as much as he does.  ;D I sympathise with your daughter as I have also had a bad back, though comparatively minor I think. I found the exercises give good relief - there are lots of suggestions on the internet.

Viktoria, I am so pleased that the horse seems better. Lovely that FH can visit regularly - that will be positive for both of them. You made me smile with your wrinkle cream story.  :) I’m sure you will look gorgeous after your haircut - and there will be no need to worry about a couple of wrinkles. Perhaps you could consider a procedure or two - a nip and a tuck - and maybe some lip fillers to give yourself a young modern look.  ;D

Prince Philip’s funeral sounds like it will be just as he wished. I see that Harry has returned already. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall during the family conversations, but we’ll probably find out what was said from Oprah Winfrey or her pal Gayle whatshername.  ;D  I think I would be recording everything if I were a member of the Royal Family.  ;D

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 12 April 21 00:06 BST (UK) »
Having a bad back can be a dreadful drain on ones stamina... I know what you mean Ruskie about living with it when someone else has it....
when OH was building the front of the house I came home one day from work to find him laid out on the kitchen floor... he’d injured his back whilst digging a trench and had crawled back into the kitchen! I got quite a fright when I saw him... thought he was a goner! He used to do Pilates exercises on a large ball he could sit on but once his hips started to trouble him that was the end of the ball!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 12 April 21 10:02 BST (UK) »
Gosh that must have been an awful shock Caroline!!
H slept on the floor for weeks back in 1997...... thankfully it didn't get quite that bad this time.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.