Author Topic: van Rhijn/van Rhyn  (Read 1004 times)

Offline LouiseRB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: van Rhijn/van Rhyn
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 April 21 10:32 BST (UK) »
I have just checked the marriage of Dirkie - her mother was born on 14/2/1901 - whereas her marriage gives a year of about 1897.

Which of the daughters is your relative?  Perhaps it is worth starting from the beginning again!

My granny is Dirk’s daughter Elizabeth but she’s deceased and no one living knows any information. It’s quite frustrating!
The birth date I have for Dirk’s wife is 14/02/1901. Where are you able to view all this information? I have tried ancestry, my heritage, family search, and attempted various archives but nothing comes up.

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 April 21 10:40 BST (UK) »
I found the information on familysearch.  I am going to message you
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 April 21 08:18 BST (UK) »
I found the information on familysearch.  I am going to message you

It would be nice if those details were posted here as well to avoid duplication of efforts and/or missing important clues that could have resulted in a successful outcome.

Nevertheless ... after running out of possible parents, I wondered about something on Dirk's 1923 marriage certificate. Under the heading "Toestemming door wien gegeven ..." is mentioned: "Van ouders & voogden". If Dirk is the one who had "voogden", it could be possible that he wasn't born a "Van Rhyn".