Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 15th April  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 15th April
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 18 April 21 09:24 BST (UK) »
I would’ve guessed closer to 60 MH.  ;)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 18 April 21 09:48 BST (UK) »

I'm loving this.  :D Thank you Ruskie.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 18 April 21 10:17 BST (UK) »

I'm loving this.  :D Thank you Ruskie.

You don’t know me MH, but those who do, know I wouldn’t say something like that if I didn’t mean it.  :)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 18 April 21 10:45 BST (UK) »
In the nicest possible way Ruskie.....
1) You are Australian, which as a sweeping generalisation suggests you wouldn't, and
2) I have been reading the diary posts regularly, which all do say something about the writer's personality.

Thanks again.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 18 April 21 10:49 BST (UK) »
MH, great photo!  How did the young man feel?  Not sur by his look if he is a little overwhelmed or right the spirit of things!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 18 April 21 14:52 BST (UK) »
MH, great photo!  How did the young man feel?  Not sure by his look if he is a little overwhelmed or right the spirit of things!

Diana, that lovely young man was the Exeter Leukaemia Fund charity liaison representative.
He joined us at a practise session, to receive our donation, a few nights before going on paternity leave. 
Bless his heart he was dragooned into a few dances, which he performed under direction, with great diligence and good humour.

https://www.elfcharity.org.uk/

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 18 April 21 15:16 BST (UK) »
MH, great photo!  How did the young man feel?  Not sure by his look if he is a little overwhelmed or right the spirit of things!

Diana, that lovely young man was the Exeter Leukaemia Fund charity liaison representative.
He joined us at a practise session, to receive our donation, a few nights before going on paternity leave. 
Bless his heart he was dragooned into a few dances, which he performed under direction, with great diligence and good humour.

https://www.elfcharity.org.uk/

That’s wonderful, sounds like a lot of fun!
Saw Morris dancers once, when I visited York many years ago.  One of the highlights, along with Jorvik.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 18 April 21 15:45 BST (UK) »
Ahh, so you have been in York since I have.
Longing to go back there and see Jorvik, preferably in the Spring time, when the castle mound is covered in daffodils.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 18 April 21 17:26 BST (UK) »
My goodness the last time I visited York was when our children were young and the Jorvik had only been open about 6 months... October half term I think it was... quite a place and no queues.....the children were gobsmacked ... the minster, shambles walk round the walls and the railway museum... wonderful city..
Nostalgia does you good doesn’t it!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK