Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 15th April  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 15th April
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 18 April 21 17:36 BST (UK) »
Nostalgia DOES do you good! :D

I know the Jorvik centre wasn't open when we were there, but that was definitely since 1984, so I think it must have been closed due to flooding perhaps, or renovation.....
I know I was greatly disappointed to find it closed.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 19 April 21 15:24 BST (UK) »
Quite apt that you should dance in York in those outfits , a cross between pirates and highwaymen!
Dick Turpin’s bed is in one of the museums !
You all look as if you are having a really good time.
It is doubly rewarding when an enjoyable activity helps others.
What a jolly photograph.

Glorious day ,lots done in the garden, sorted herb patch out,daffodils out of the borders, drying out ,and tulips there now.

On Friday after my hair appt I may go to the garden centre for some hanging baskets plants .On a direct bus route there and back.

I think I ought to have a hot bath,aching as is to be expected after bending etc,but what an enjoyable morning I have had.

How lovely to walk by the sea, or in the countryside ,it is good many of you have those facilities.

There is one little sprout of wild garlic coming through.
It grows in profusion by the river and in the damp woods but you never know if dogs have been there.
I “ rescued “ a flower ,must be last year and now one plant coming through.
That is the origin of Ramsbottom —- Ransomsbottom.
Deep river valley where the wild garlic grows.
Nowt to do with sheep!

That is our story and we are sticking to it!

My OH and I,and two other couples  four friends, used to go Country Dancing.

It was good fun but we laughed a lot and the other people took it dead seriously .
It used to be one of the school activities ,on a Friday,lads and girls.
I liked Green Goddesses.

Hope everyone is well, I am now but in a couple of hours when I stiffen up  ::) ::)
Chicken in mushroom sauce for tea and banana and custard (with
 sweetener .
Daughter phones this evening, so maybe some news  of Flash Harry.)
Not forgetting the horse!

Cheerio folks ,thanks for the news .Viktoria.
P.S emails still messed up so anyone I have replied to won’t
But anyone who reads the diaries will know that they come back to me!
Viktoria.
I could make trouble in an empty shop!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 19 April 21 16:03 BST (UK) »
Slightly crossed wires Viktoria, as I haven't Morris danced in York, though we do spread ourselves around Devon with abandon!!
But you are spot on with the Dick Turpin connection, as the side is called Black Bess.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.