Author Topic: William Radcliff & Mary Goodwin  (Read 309 times)

Offline kingdav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William Radcliff & Mary Goodwin
« on: Saturday 17 April 21 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hi:

In his 1848 marriage record in Canada, John Radcliff (a Protestant) identifed his parents as the late William Radcliff and Mary Goodwin of "the parish of Belfast, County Antim".   

John would have been born around 1820.

I'm trying to find out anything on his parents.   I know there was a William Radcliff, a miller, flour merchant etc of Beersbridge / Ballymacarrett but this is not the right fellow as his wife's name is not correct.   

Can anyone help?   

Thanks.
King & Bruce families of Hunts
King family of Torquay, Devon & Ontario, Canada & NZ

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Radcliff & Mary Goodwin
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 April 21 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi:

In his 1848 marriage record in Canada, John Radcliff (a Protestant) identifed his parents as the late William Radcliff and Mary Goodwin of "the parish of Belfast, County Antim".   

John would have been born around 1820.

I'm trying to find out anything on his parents.   I know there was a William Radcliff, a miller, flour merchant etc of Beersbridge / Ballymacarrett but this is not the right fellow as his wife's name is not correct.   

Can anyone help?   

Thanks.

Don't rule out that William Radcliff out too quickly- he could have been married more than once.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kingdav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Radcliff & Mary Goodwin
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 April 21 21:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply.

It looks like the "wrong" William Radcliff married in 1819 and had some 10 children.   There was a John Radcliff who went off to "America" in the 1840s - which, in this case is the US.   So he's not the right fellow.

King & Bruce families of Hunts
King family of Torquay, Devon & Ontario, Canada & NZ