Author Topic: Carr, Hyndman, Topping, Moore, Sinclair, Kirk, McKibben, Crymble, Pirrie,Luke..  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Carr, Hyndman, Topping, Moore, Sinclair, Kirk, McKibben, Crymble, Pirrie,Luke..
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 09:22 BST (UK) »

Maria Stott, died Apr. 1, 1889, Eglinton Terrace, Portrush; spinster; will proved by Thomas Stott of Millicent, Ballymoney, solicitor.

Thomas Stott died in 1921.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1921/05098/4400622.pdf

Thomas Stott of Millicent Ballymoney, b. 1829 - d. 1921;  m. 1859 Josephine Knox Russell , dau of James Russell of Dunlevy, Co. Donegal....

Thomas Scott ? married Josephine Knox Russell.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1859/09569/5469774.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline pablo1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carr, Hyndman, Topping, Moore, Sinclair, Kirk, McKibben, Crymble, Pirrie,Luke..
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 11:52 BST (UK) »
More Dobbs:

1.  Theobold Wolfe, barrister, 1710-1784; m. as his second wife in 1745 Elizabeth Dobbs, dau of Surgeon General William Dobbs.
2.  Lydia m. Rev. James Jones son of Rt. Hon. Theophilus Jones.
2.  Anne m. Rev. Lomac Walsh
2.  Charlotte m. Col. John Wolfe, her cousin
2.  Margaret m. Sir Robert Synge of Lislee.
---------

More Lepper notes:

March 14, 1837--New Orleans, USA, Connolly Lepper, d. 1847, 2nd son of the late Maxwell Lepper of Belfast, m. Henrietta Nash, eldest dau of James Nash, Esq. of New Orleans.  Married at Christ Church.  I believe that in 1845 two of their children, R. C. Lepper and James Nash Lepper, drowned.

Aug. 15, 1844--Wellington, Arkansas, USA, death of Samuel Lepper, aged 38, the 2nd son of the late Maxwell Lepper, Esq. of Belfast.

Henry Lepper, Esq. of Liverpool m. Oct. 11, 1836 Mary, 2nd dau of William Hamilton, Esq. of Lounsdale, near Paisley.

Sept. 23, 1869--Fort Street Presbyterian Church, Mary Hamilton Lepper, dau of the late Henry Lepper, Esq. of Belfast, Ireland, and granddau of the late Adam Hamilton, Esq. of Lounsdale, Renfrewshire, m. Edward G. Malloch, barrister, of Perth, Ontario, Canada.  At this time Mary's mother was living in Detroit, Michigan.  Adam Hamilton of Loundale m. 1801 to Mary Wylie, eldest dau of William Wylie.  Adam was a bleacher.

Dec. 15, 1848 at Barlanark House, near Glasgow, Millicent Sophia Lepper, dau of Charles Lepper, Esq. of Laurel Lodge, Belfast, m. Thomas Gibson Ovington, Esq., merchant of London.  He was the possible son of  Thomas Ovington and Jane Gibson of Lanark b. Apr. 30, 1810.  On Apr. 6, 1883 at Veron Place, Birkenhead, the death of Sophia Lepper, relict of T. G. Ovington of Glasgow took place at the residence of her son-in-law.

Sept. 29, 1867--Death of Georgina Macaulay Lepper, dau of William Harper Lepper and Mary Macaulay.

June 17, 1869--F. R. Lepper m. Harriette E. Chapman, dau of ? Chapman, Dublin

Apr. 9, 1872--  Married at St. Mary's Church, New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand, Clara Ann Dyce McCracken, relict of Lt. Col. Maxwell Lepper and 3rd dau of the late Francis M'Cracken, Esq.,  of Hillbrook House, Holywood, Down, m. Adolphus Kyngdon, Esq., 1834-1912, son of the late Dr. Richard Kyngdon and Jane Parsons;  Issue,
George A. F. Kyngdon, 1873
Alice Mary Kyngdon, 1876 m. Augustus Edward Watkins

June 5, 1877 at All Saints Church, Dublin, Harriett Elizabeth Lepper, 3rd dau of the late William Harper Lepper and his wife Mary Macaulay of Laurel Lodge, Belfast and Glenville, Cushendall, m. John Finlay of Glenmone, Cushendun.  Finlay's first wife, Anne, died in 1876.

June 12, 1896 at Millicent, Ballymoney, John Charles Harper Lepper of 31 Thorndale Ave., Belfast, only son of Charles William Lepper of Highgate Manor, Co. Fermanagh, m. Julia Darley Stott, 4th dau of Thomas Stott of Millicent, Ballymoney. 

Apr. 5, 1900--3 Huntley Terrace, North Kelvinside, Scotland,  Bessie Allison Lepper, dau of the late Charles Lepper and granddau of the late R. D. Orr, banker of Helensburgh, m. James McGlashan, eldest son of Alexander M'Glashan of Alabany Works.

Francis Alfred Lepper, Oxford Don, b. May 24, 1913; m. 1939 Elsabeth Crichton, d. 1994, one son, one dau.

1.  Francis Lepper m. Alice Rose ? and had,
2.  Charles Ernest, b. 1880,
2.  Alice May, b. 1882
2.  Jessie Gertrude, b. 1884, India

1.  William Godbey Lepper m. Julia Aurora Lefevre in 1860 and had,
2.  Martha Jane, b. 1863
2.  Henry Edward, b. 1868, Calcutta

Robert Godbey Lepper m. 1847 Mary Ann Volkers

Some people named Lepper that I have not been able to place:

James George Lepper, 1792-1854, apothecary, The Diamond;  his dau, Susanna b. 1824, married to Thomas Spiller c. 1842, and Inland Revenue Officer of Birr, Offaly.

Ignatius Joseph Lepper, 2nd son of the late George Joseph Lepper, Esq. of Belfast, m. Feb. 14, 1877 to Eleanor Adams Hewitt, youngest dau of the late Dr. Charles Hewitt of Patrick's Hill, Cork.  An elder dau, Elizabeth Charlotte Hewitt,m. 1870 to Capt. Henry Talbot Price.  Their son, Francis Price, married Florence Hurdle.

Offline pablo1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 22 April 21 11:25 BST (UK) »
1.  Anne Jane Lepper, b. 1817, Belfast; m. 1835 Robert Baird, writer to the signet, Glasgow and had,
2.  Robert Baird
2.  Charles Robert Baird
2.  Isabella Baird
2.  Francis Baird
2.  Mary Baird
2.  William Lepper Baird
2.  Hugh Harper Baird, 1851-1911, m. 1891 Agnes Georgina Brackenbury, widow, dau of the Rev. Alfred Bligh Hill
3.  Douglas Heriot Baird, CBE;  d. 1940; m. 1912 in Surrey to Dorothea Frances Prior;  Douglas was Chairman of Esher Co. and Managing Director of Messrs Baird and Tatlock, Ltd.
4.  Hugh Heriot Baird, 1915-1983, m. 1945 Madeline Katharen Rose, 1927-1994, dau of Hugh Rose and Ruth Antoinette Guillemard.  Hugh was a company director.

Margaret Meneely Lepper, 1880-1947, b. July 13;  m. Capt. William Magill Kennedy, son of C. G. Blagrave-Kennedy, on Sept. 15, 1903 in Larne, but they later divorced.  She m. 2 in 1922, Lt. Col. Douglas Henry Randell Giffard.  Margaret was the daughter of Alfred John Adolphus Lepper and Margaret Louisa Herdman.  She passed away in Bournemouh, Hampshire.  He ex-husband, William Magill Kennedy, remarried also in 1922 to Violet Hope Staples.

1.  Elizabeth Pratt Lepper, dau of Francis Lepper, Esq., m. Apr. 6, 1843 Francis Price and had the following issue:
2.  Jane Frances Price, b. 1851; m. Edward Langtry
2.  Elizabeth Anne, b. 1855 m. ?Le Breton?
2.  Francis G. S. Price, b. 1852
2.  William C. Price, b. 1856
2.  Laura Price, b. 1858
2.  Gertrude M. Price, b. 1859
2.  Mary Price, b. 1861

1806--George Lepper, watchmaker at 9 Bridge Street
          Francis Lepper, watchmaker and dentist, 59 Castle Street
          Charles Leppper, grocer and spirit merchant at 192 North Street.
---------

More Cuppage Douglas

Dr. John Cuppage Douglas, son of Surgeon William Douglas and Margaret Cuppage, wa born on June 14, 1778 in Lurgan; m. Jan. 13, 1817 to Elizabeth Fulton, dau of Joseph Fulton and Ann Graham.  He was awarded the degree of M.D. by TCD on Feb. 24, 1810;  served as of President of College of Physicians in Dublin and President of King and Queens College of Physicians.  He was somehow related to James and Jane Douglas, who were related to Samuel Watts of Lurgan, brewer.
Samuel Watts 1789 - 1850  was the joint owner of John Boyd and Watts brewery.  Sam's wife died in 1867.  Sam had a brother, William Watts.
---------

More Crymble:

1832--Death of Michael, 5th son of Michael Hackett, Esq. of Parsonstown and son-in-law of William Crymble.

1839--Clementina Carnegie Crymble, dau of the late Charles Crymble, Esq. of Ballyclare, m. Thomas Duncan, Esq., writer to the signet, Perth.

----------
Dobbs and Pelly family:
1.  Sir John Henry Pelly, Director of Bank of England, Governor of Hudson Bay Co, and D. L. of Essex, m. 1807 Emma Boulton, 6th dau of Henry Boulton of Thorncroft, Surrey and had,
2.  Sir John Pelly
2.  Raymond Pelly m. 1835 Louisa Fry, youngest dau of Joseph Fry
2.  Charles Pelly m. 1839 Julia Henrietta Dobbs, dau of Frances Dobbs.
2.  Albert Pelly m. 1844 Barbara Streatfield, dau of Rev. Thomas Streatfield
2.  Cmdr. Richard Pelly, R. N.
2.  Edmund Pelly m. 1846 Anna Chapman, dau of Jonathan Chapman of Wanstead
2.  Octavius Pelly m. Justiniana Fisher
2.  Percy Pelly
2.  Juliana Sally Pelly m. 1832 William Storrs Fry of Manor House.  He d. 1844.
2.  Emma Pelly m. 1833 R. Foster Reynolds, who died 1845.
--------------------------------
Some Macaulays in Co. Antrim

From the book "The Avenged Bride, a Tale of the Glens" by Alexander Markham
"In Glendun stood the castle of Hugh Macaulay, Esq., known as Hugh of the Glyns.  His
fortress was called Lisavalla."

Judge Alexander Macaulay purchased vast property in the Glens, including the Glenane estate from Groame Macaulay, said to have been by the Rev. Alexander Macaulay. a grandson of the judge,  no relation to the judge.

"An Unknown Country" by Dinah Craik
"Some generations ago, a McAulay of Glenville, the richest man in all the seven glens of Antrim, dared to cut down the sacred oak.  But in spite of this, it did not die..."

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 24 April 21 12:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for putting in the effort to transcribe and post Pablo.  This is the sort of useful information that a Google search will sometimes bring up when one is stuck.

Offline pablo1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 25 April 21 11:19 BST (UK) »
Gilby, I do wish to thank you for your comment.  Once again, though, I do apologize for the disorganization of the posts that I am making.  With best regards, Paul (Pablo)

Offline LindeL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 30 April 21 16:38 BST (UK) »
I just now opened Rootschat and found your stack of messages Pablo/ Paul, and am as always so impressed by the depth and breadth of your knowledge of county Antrim. I'm sorry to hear that you are moving on from genealogy. We have been in touch many times over the years, and I was thinking of you not long ago, maybe in January 2021 as i looked at the Dobbs Report and I thought you would likely have it digested and figured out! Also very sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. It has been an awful year of loss, we can hope for a better time, but that doesn't bring folk back. Families and family history go on, and you are providing the community with a great treasure store. Hope it continues to be available here. And you could deposit your notebooks somewhere, so much research and energy shouldn't just get thrown away

Offline pablo1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 01 May 21 01:12 BST (UK) »
LindeL, thank you for putting up with me for such a long time.  I am not really moving on from genealogy.  I am just trying to get my notes on line to see if they will be of help to other researchers. Also, as I live in Japan by myself now, I don't wish to cause my family trouble by having to come over from the States and go through a massive amount of paper if anything should befall me.  As I soon retired after my wife suffered her cerebral hemorrhage, this is kind of now my current occupation.  I am very thankful for your comments.  With very best wishes, Paul.

Offline pablo1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Roman Catholic, Macaulay family of Belfast
1.Elizabeth O'Dougherty, 1790-1870
2.Mary O'Dougherty, 1811-1875, m. Peter Macaulay, 1813-1880, builder
3.Elizabeth Macaulay, 1846-1860
3.Dr. John Macaulay, 1839-1870
3.Mary Macaulay, 1849-1912 m. ?  Connor
4.Mary Connor, 1873-1916
3.Bedilia Macaulay m. Dr. Michael Reeves O'Malley
4.Rupert Denis O'Malley, 1889-1893
3.Ambrose Macaulay, 1854-1898, 4th son, m. 1876 Mary Catherine Marshall, dau of William Marshall; Ambrose died in San Francisco.
3.Fr. Andrew Macaulay, 1842-1905, 2nd son
3.Peter Macaulay, solicitor, died 1910; m. Lucy Garland
4.Andrew Alfred Macaulay, barrister, died 1926; m. 1. 1895 to Rose Kathleen Warden, dau of Joseph Warden, theater proprietor;
   He m. 2. in 1909 to Kathleen Alicia May, widow, dau of John Mesor, contractor.
4.Fr. Peter Macaulay, eldest son, went to U.S.A.
4.Austin Garland Macaulay, solicitor, 3rd son, b. abt. 1874; m. Ellen Jane McCormick, dau of Manus McCormick
5.Austin Crawford Burnaby Macaulay, b. 1898
5.Ethel Garland Macaulay, b. abt. 1900
5.Lucy Godwynne Macaulay, b. abt. 1903
5.Arthur Harold Macaulay, b. abt. 1905
4.Arthur Harold Macaulay, 6th son, b. abt. 1884, barrister
4.Lucy Evelyne Macaulay, b. abt. 1872; m. ? Murphy
5.Francis Joseph Murphy, b. abt. 1901
4.Ambrose Macaulay. b. abt. 1878, insurance clerk, m. Margaret Kirk
5.Rose Macaulay, b. abt. 1906
5.Lucy G., born abt. 1908
----------------------------------------------
1. Capt John Agnew (c. 1586-1656) m. Eleanor Shaw of Ballygalley
2. Francis, d. 1681
2. Patrick Agnew m. Miss Stewart and had,
3. Jane Agnew m. Rev William Ogilvie and had
4. William Ogilvie m. Elizabeth Blair, dau of Maj James Blair and had,
5. James Blair Ogilvie m. Margaret Shaw, dau of William Shaw of Doagh and had
6. Elizabeth Ogilvie
6. Dorothea Ogilvie m. 1 James Blair; m. 2 Maj. John Rowan
6. Helen Ogilvie m. Campbell Graham of Belfast, wine and spirit merchant and had,
7. Dorothea Graham, d. 1812
7. Dorothea Graham, d. 1821
7. Elizabeth Graham, d. 1840
7. Campbell Graham, d. 1851
7. Dora Graham, d. 1862
7. Ogilvie Blair Graham
3. Helen Agnew m. 1709 James Stewart of Killymoon, son of William Stewart and Margaret Shaw of Ballygally and had,
4. William Stewart, b. 1710 m. 1740 Eleanor King, dau of Sir Henry King and had,
5. James Stewart, M.P. m. 1774 Elizabeth, dau of Ricahrd, Lord Molesworth and had,
5. William Stewart (1746-1760)
5. Lt. Col. Robert Stewart (1747- 1794)
5. Henry Stewart m. 1793 Hon. Elizabeth Pakenham, dau of Edward, Lord Longsford
5. Edward Stewart m. Amelia Martin
5. Rev Thomas Stewart (1751-1788)
5. John Stewart (1753-1839)
5. Isabella Stewart m. John Hamilton of Brown Hall, co. Donegal

4. Patrick Stewart, b. 1711 m. Mary Heywood
4. Margaret Stewart m. William Agnew
3. Patrick Agnew m. Martha Houston and had
4. Francis Agnew
4. John Agnew
4. James Agnew m. Margaret Wilson and had,
5. Patrick Agnew (1759-1842) m. Eliza MacNeil and had
6. Eliza Agnew, 2nd dau, m. 1844 Christopher Armstrong, Esq., Judge of the Dalhousie District Court, Canada.Eliza died at Bytown in 1845.
6. Maj. Gen. William Agnew, d. 1888
6. Anne Wilson Agnew, d. 1887
6. Margaret Agnew m. Maj. Gen. William St. Leger Mitchell (1808-1869) and had,
7. Margaret St. Leger Mitchell
7. Lt. Alexander Wade St. Leger Mitchell (1855-1878)
6. Hariette (Harriet) Agnew m. Arther Robertson-Cunningham
6. Jane Callwell Agnew m. John Macaulay, JP, DL, High Sheriff of Red Hall and had issue...{see Macaulays of Crumlin and Larne}

***other Shaw connections: Elizabeth Brisbane m. James Shaw of Bailliegellie, Ire of the family of Shaw of Greenock***

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
4.Austin Garland Macaulay, solicitor, 3rd son, b. abt. 1874; m. Ellen Jane McCormick, dau of Manus McCormick
5.Austin Crawford Burnaby Macaulay, b. 1898
5.Ethel Garland Macaulay, b. abt. 1900
5.Lucy Godwynne Macaulay, b. abt. 1903
5.Arthur Harold Macaulay, b. abt. 1905

For others viewing-
Marriage on 1st February 1898.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1898/10403/5788286.pdf

Ellen Macauley in 1901 census.
Residents of a house 53 in Palestine Street (Cromac, Antrim).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Cromac/Palestine_Street/970619/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo