Author Topic: I.G.I RECORD Pritchard  (Read 3172 times)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I.G.I RECORD Pritchard
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 April 21 16:41 BST (UK) »
thanks for looking all. my direct ancestor George Pritchard was the last born 1814 Chirk. the surname could always be Pritchard or Prichard though. not sure what is meant by Peter Prichard 1759 was he the father of a Thomas ?.
its great stuff thank you all. Brian
Wasn't the original query re. a submitted record on the IGI about a "Thomas Pritchard, 1778, Ruabon?". Just trying to find a possible match - this time the "real thing".
Thomas Richard (as transcribed), Chirk (have you checked proximity Chirk/Ruabon?), 24 Sep 1777, parents Pater (as transcribed) and Elizabeth. A check of the original shows the surname to be Prichard not Richard - hence a possibility for the fabricated "Thomas Prichard, 1778, Ruabon". There's a 1759 marriage, Chirk, of a Peter Prichard and Elizabeth.

These are just lines for you to follow - as much to remove them from the frame as identify them as those you are looking for.

Offline pritchardgeo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 April 21 17:24 BST (UK) »
thank you Hanes. yes Chirk and Ruabon are very close villages.
have never seen the transcription as Thomas Richard wonder if it could be Patrynomics too ?.will check this out. so yes that could be the one,not sure.
and yes Gadget you and Rosie have helped a great deal in the past to indentify the probable marriage for Thomas to Ann IN 1804 Oswestry. but this is about the possible birth and location of where Thomas was born. therefore a different matter. i did look at a possible record of a Thomas Pritchard being born in Oswestry in 1782. to Thomas and mary. but i do have quite a few dna matches in the Ruabon area one as Elizabeth born 1780 Ruabon. so i am still looking to tie this down.
also one for Thomas Richards 1778 son of Thomas and Elizabeth/ Ruabon

thank you all.Brian

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 18 April 21 19:12 BST (UK) »
The best that I can find is in Overton, Flintshire.

As you will know, Overton is not far from Ruabon, Chirk, etc. .

Overton, Flintshire
3 July 1779 Thomas son of Thomas and Elizabeth Pritchard

It seems familiar - in the Overton parish records and the BTs

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 18 April 21 19:18 BST (UK) »
Overton, Flintshire

29 Jan 1778 Thomas Pritchard to Elizabeth Griffiths  (PS - both OTP)

I'm sure I've looked at this before

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline pritchardgeo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 18 April 21 20:04 BST (UK) »
i had looked at this too. but no matches there at all. but i know that doesn't mean it isnt. the one. I just cant pin him down. thanks for looking.Brian

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 18 April 21 20:33 BST (UK) »
Looking at the IGI link, I would think it was produced by someone who found a Thomas Pri*chard on a census, with an age that corresponded with a birth circa 1778 and recorded as b. Ruabon.

I think we looked at the Chirk one that HT referred to and the Gresford one a good while ago.  The Chirk one has a twin named Edward.

Offline pritchardgeo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 18 April 21 22:25 BST (UK) »
 yes the one in Ruabon as Richard looks the best fit,if a bit early. going back to Gresford. i do know i have a 20cms 5th to 8th cousins maybe with a William Pritchard b 1797 in Gresford.he had a daughter Caroline b 1829 to William and Harriot .both of Gresford. It looks like William 1797 father was also William he would have been b about 1777 ish and there is a William b Gresford about 1773 also a Thomas Pritchard b about 1777 Gresford- long shot but i wonder if they were cousins or closer. Its so difficult without evidence isnt it. Thanks Brian 

Offline pritchardgeo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 19 April 21 10:04 BST (UK) »
to Hanes. yes i have looked at the 1777 in Chirk. its very unclear isn't it. wonder if this his him.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 19 April 21 10:10 BST (UK) »
Just to say that that was the one that I was referring to in my previous reply. It's definitely Pritchard  - a vey large P at the beginning.