Author Topic: The Ferguson Family  (Read 664 times)

Offline Derrjche

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Ferguson Family
« on: Sunday 18 April 21 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hello to all      My grandmothers sisters are Susan /Susannah Ferguson & Eliza / Elizabeth Ferguson  both born in Preston Lancashire 
Susan born 1879 married Edward Bird 1903 in Leicester & died 1945 in Leicester
In the 1911 census living at 23 Linford St. Leicester

Eliza Ferguson born in Preston 1871  and married to Thomas Mullaney in 1893 in Leicester
she died 1944 age 72
In the 1911 census living at 14 Lower Sandacre St. Leicester

Are there any relatives in or around Leicester researching this tree and would be able to enlighten me with more information.

With many thanks Derek

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Ferguson Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 April 21 19:00 BST (UK) »
Derek -- it isn't clear what sort of information you are looking for.

You should be able to find the 2 sisters of your grandma on the 1939 Register. In addition - if you want to find out if they had children - you could search the GRO register from the dates of their marriage to 1912 - after then you should be able to find children using this method on the normal FreeBMD site.

If you are wanting to discover if your grandma had other siblings - try Lancashire BMD - a free site, which usually includes maiden names even in the 19th century.

http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

It all depends on the sort of information you are currently wanting.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 April 21 21:26 BST (UK) »
We're not able to talk about any living relatives but the tips given above will give you a start. 

Any missing information about any who are deceased just ask.   
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 April 21 22:51 BST (UK) »
People usually move to find better jobs and/or better pay.  Preston was a cotton weaving town with low wages and Leicester's chief trade was boot and shoe manufacturing.

You may have better luck finding information on Facebook on one of the Leicester webpages, such as "Memories of Leicester".

The latter webpage actually has an old photo of Sandacre St

url link:-    http://www.rootschat.com/links/01qj6/

I see somebody on that webpage mentioned a teacher in the 1970s called "Miss Bird".

Best Wishes,
Rena
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Derrjche

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 April 21 09:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in responding but I wanted you to know that I appreciate your comments and I have taken them on board.  I have now made some progress with help.
Grateful thanks for your help with my Ferguson family.
Derek

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 April 21 16:49 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in responding but I wanted you to know that I appreciate your comments and I have taken them on board.  I have now made some progress with help.
Grateful thanks for your help with my Ferguson family.
Derek

I hope you make more progress than I did with my Brown/Ferguson family.   First time and last time heard of in Thornhill, Perthshire, Scotland for baptism of a female ancestor circa 1792.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke