Author Topic: Diary > Monday 19th April  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 19th April
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 21:09 BST (UK) »
Always so upbeat and cheerful Viktoria, thank you for that.
Poor little FH.  Imagination is good, but only when adults say so..... Life is tough when you are trying to learn the rules.

I agree with all the backing Roobarb to paint NN from your security footage.  Brilliant idea.

How strange that Diana had 2nd vac with no problems, but Annette suffered. Glad you are both over it now.  I am SO nervous about having mine. However, I shall bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Annette, you may not have done much decorating last year, but you were knitting for England, so I would say you achieved plenty.  :D

Now, Ruskie, we were upset by the thought of human intervention regarding that egg which disappeared at the lakes......

Yesterday, I woke very early and couldn't get back to sleep so I thought I may as well get up and enjoy such a beautiful morning while it was still quiet. It was extremely cold, (for south Devon,) and I was glad I had put on a padded jacket, while I strolled out around the headland.
I can't express the extent of my distress to encounter an amount of litter, left in a heap of cans and other garbage on the grass, by people who had presumably been enjoying the beauty spot. Especially as there is a bin very close by!
Later during the morning, when the sun was higher, H and I walked over to the lakes again.  The first thing that happened was a couple of male pheasants were chasing each other around and I got some nice photos of one.
A bit further round we stopped for a chat with a gent we see sometimes, and he told us that when he had been there the previous day, he saw that the egg had been broken, though he didn't know how, and he witnessed a swan pushing it out of the nest and into the water!! :o 
In the natural world such things do happen, and although it is sad, I am very happy it wasn't a misguided human that caused the mishap.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 23:03 BST (UK) »
Ladies, I must reluctantly inform you that the camera footage I have of NN shows only the top of her head above the fence and her arm reaching over to grab my clematis and ivy in order to pull them into a position where she could chop lumps off them! I'm afraid if I were to commit her to canvas there would be some rather less than artistic additions to it.  ;D
Oh, and my friend has agreed to be my subject.  :D

Pleased to hear your side effects didn't last too long Annette. I'm not surprised you're nervous MH, considering how bad your previous experience was. Hopefully your body will be familiar enough with the intruder that it doesn't react so strongly.
I share your anger about the rubbish left in an otherwise beautiful spot.

Viktoria, I hope you do get to go and visit your daughter, that would be lovely for both of you. Good to hear that the horse is improving.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 23:35 BST (UK) »
Aaaaw! Roobarb, just do that,she knows what she has done , even if only the top of her head shows!

I wanted to hear what her face was like when she saw an artistic picture of herself in oils ,acrylic or watercolours !- and “ in the act “ too.
Never mind,
I can get to the garden centre after three weeks since second vaccine ,which is Friday so after hairdo, bus right opposite hairdressers and one directly  back  home too.
Then Bury market for fresh fish.
If it is open ,fish and chips from the best chip shop in Bury.
Some stuff from M& S .
Actually it makes more sense to go to Bury on the bus sftr hairdo, call at garden centre on the way back then straight on bus home.
Mind you,I may not be able to stand the excitement!
So many thrills in one day!
Thanks for the kind wishes re visit to daughter’s
Cheerio.Speak to you all soon.
Viktoria.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 00:42 BST (UK) »
Mowsehowse, just a minor correction - I had my first vaccine yesterday, not second.  I was feeling it more today, but nothing major.  Felt draggy and tired, and did very little.  Slept 2 hours this afternoon.  I get my second vaccination in August, unless they change the rules yet again.
Starting snowing mid afternoon, starting to accumulate a bit, supposed to get about 5cm. There were grackles, starlings, redwing blackbirds, and a single crow madly emptying our bird feeder and cleaning up underneath it.  They chased off the blue jay that showed up.
The birds must think winter has returned and they must eat as much as possible!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 07:23 BST (UK) »
Mowsehowse, just a minor correction - I had my first vaccine yesterday, not second.  I was feeling it more today, but nothing major.  Felt draggy and tired, and did very little.  Slept 2 hours this afternoon.  I get my second vaccination in August, unless they change the rules yet again.
Starting snowing mid afternoon, starting to accumulate a bit, supposed to get about 5cm. There were grackles, starlings, redwing blackbirds, and a single crow madly emptying our bird feeder and cleaning up underneath it.  They chased off the blue jay that showed up.
The birds must think winter has returned and they must eat as much as possible!
Such a long winter you have Diana! Thank goodness for bird watching, it always gladens my heart. Hope it does yours.
Sorry, I mistook about which stage you were at with the vaccination programme..... but August for your 2nd shot?  At the very minimum I reckon that is 14 weeks, when initially we were told it should be only 3 weeks.  (Though in the Uk most have to wait 12 weeks.)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.