Author Topic: Diary > Monday 19th April  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Monday 19th April
« on: Monday 19 April 21 23:16 BST (UK) »
Could hardly be bothered to get up this morning. I'd been thinking on Sunday night about what I might do but when it came to it I wasn't feeling like doing much. Eventually shook myself out of my torpor and went for a walk in the sunshine. A man with a lovely labradoodle passed me in the woods, he had to keep jerking the dog along as it kept turning to look at me. Made me think of your friendly neighbour Labradoodle Ruskie.  :)
As I was walking down the narrow path I saw a couple coming towards me, it turned out to be someone I used to work with and her husband. Had a few minutes chat with them, she said I was looking well which was nice. When I came back onto the main path a little dog came to make friends, she completely ignored her owner telling her to come along in favour of a stroke from me and rolled on to her back. I must have been looking particularly dog friendly.

In the afternoon I decided to wash my car so pulled it out onto the road and got the bucket and hose out. I'd put the hose down and when I picked it up again I realised it had come off the tap. As I turned to go and see to it I nearly jumped out of my skin, there was NN right at the edge of the garden with a watering can. She must be slipping, I'd been there about twenty minutes, it only took her two minutes to get out there when my Tesco delivery arrived yesterday.

After washing the car I was about to put it back on the drive, couldn't believe it when it wouldn't start again. Had to call in the cavalry once more, he left it running for some time, he's going to get me a new battery, hopefully tomorrow. I was relieved that it happened outside my house, not somewhere away from home. NN was lurking behind the curtain watching, it's amazing that she thinks I can't see her. Looks like it's stalking season again.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 19th April
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 00:12 BST (UK) »
Ooo Roobarb, you should take advantage of your friend bringing you a new battery tomorrow to take a photo of him for your art project.  :) I’m sure it will be a relief to not have to worry about the car not starting.

You certainly sound like you were a dog magnet today. Labradoodles are such cute friendly creatures.

Maybe when NN comes snooping you could call out “Just washing my car” .... “just getting a tesco delivery” .... “just getting an Amazon delivery” .... “just dead heading my pansies” ... “just squashing some snails” .... “just rearranging some pots” .. etc etc. When you see her curtain twitching, look right at her and give her a wave.   ;D

Nothing of interest to report here, but much talk about “travel bubbles”. New Zealand is now “open”, so travel has started between the two countries without having to complete two weeks hotel quarantine. Singapore and some of the Pacific Islands are next on the list I think.

We are rolling out the AZ vaccination for the younger tier groups because they are changing the advice regarding age groups who receive the AZ vaccine due to possibility of blood clots - it’s now not recommended for under 40 or 50 (I can’t recall which), so they have stocks of AZ to get rid of.  ::)

We’ll have to wait to see how it all pans out.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 00:33 BST (UK) »
I don't think he'd agree to having himself immortalised in acrylics Ruskie! The fact that he's currently adorned with lockdown hair and facial fuzz wouldn't be great!  ;D  ;D
I love the suggestions re NN, would be really tempted to think of something outrageous!

Good to know that NZ is considered safe for travel. I hope they can get their act together with the vaccines, hope you get the benefit .
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 00:54 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, sorry to hear about NN snooping again.  She does find you fascinating!  I love your suggestions, Ruskie, made me laugh out loud.
I did almost nothing today - except get my Covid shot! We drove about 20 minutes to where I thought I was supposed to go, a drugstore, turned out I was at the wrong one (it’s a big chain), but the less said about that, the better, ha...they did fit me in almost immediately and everyone was very nice, and the pharmacist soon had me in the little cubicle.  Didn’t feel anything, waited around, bought a few necessities and then back home.  We did stop at a bakery, one person in at a time, got some bread and goodies.  Then back home.
I have a slightly sore arm and a bit tired, but so far that’s it.  It was AZ, apparently made in Sweden. OH had a sorer arm with Pfizer.
Heard from an old friend, she has had some family issues lately, hadn’t heard from her in a while, glad she is okay.  Had a good long chat with another friend the other day, good to touch base.
Last night we finished the Landscape Artist Canada.  Loved the series but our choice did not win.  Our choice sells in a gallery here, would like to buy one!  We also finished The Capture on TV, still confused about some of it, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Am reading a book by Kathy Reichs called Cross Bones, not enjoying it, too muddled, will read very quickly, only have 100 pages left, will do some “speed reading”.
Snow in our forecast!

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 02:30 BST (UK) »
Glad you are well after the vaccination Diana.  ;)

I think your friend’s lockdown hair and face fuzz would be great to paint Roobarb. You could go to town on it, and give him lots of character. No one would know who he is, and you needn’t show him the finished work of art. I did wonder if NN would pose for you. You might find it therapeutic to paint her, then possibly a symbolic destroying of the canvas might be ‘cleansing’ for you ....  ;D

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 09:36 BST (UK) »
Ooh you little devil Ruskie.  ;D I do have some security camera footage of NN vandalising my plants, I wonder if that would do.  ;D

Hope you stay well today Diana. Unfortunately I only got to see the last two episodes of Landscape Artist, my friend's TV system allows her to go back over all the episodes but mine doesn't currently, if I fork out for another Sky pass in future I'll probably be able to watch them. I'm not bothered that I already know who eventually won (not my choice either).
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 10:55 BST (UK) »
Oh Roobarb,I don’t think I could resist doing a painting of NN from the photograph of her damaging your plants.
Present it to her ,as a gift!!!!
One way or another she will know you are aware of her activities ,but promise to photograph her face and let us see!
And you thought I was all sweetness and light!

I love it when dogs want to say hello.
I am wondering if those who have developed clots are women on the contraceptive pill,or HRT.
Remember the clot scares about those?

You will be worry free with a new battery.

Glad to hear the younger ones are getting the vaccine, I will breathe better when Flash Harry’s parents and his auntie my grand daughter have it.

Speaking of FH, he is in trouble.!
His ball left the garden and went in to the little side road parallel with the garden,but used by motor cyclists when driving in for a service,

He calls it the road,well according to him the dog threw the ball into the road.
Nanny,said over the fence,” No,that is not true is it,now tell me the truth and I will know” (because of the security cameras,).
He admitted to it, said sorry but was made to apologise to the dog.
Was warned any more untruths and he would NEVER have eggs and toast in bed with his Grandad ever again.
He is so looking forward to being able to do  that  again .
Grandad makes creamy scrambled eggs,toast soldiers abd “ a brew”, for FH very milky tea.
They have it on lap trays in bed on Sundays, (normal times )when he has had a sleepover at Nanny’s.
He was told that the dog did not want to be his friend if he was going to tell untruths about the dog!That really went home.
Not sure if it is his age and imagination but when he knows he is in a bit of trouble - well -?
He is glad to be back at school but for so long had his Daddy’s attention ,(Mum worked -an essential worker)
He did get attention when this was being dealt with ,so that needs thinking about .
No good getting negative attention as a substitute for positive attention.

Another glorious morning, I am going to do some sealing today, round the stone window sills outside .
All neat ,the sills were painted black,shame as they are stone and the only ones of all the houses to be painted .
I want a neater edge so will mask off and get to work.
Cheerio for now ,Viktoria.

P.S.Anyway ,FH always owns up because not smacked etc but the results of his own actions are ,though not fierce do mean he would have been better off had he told the truth in the first place.
He is realising that.V.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 15:23 BST (UK) »
Oh Roobarb - I too think you should do NN - after all, you wouldn't have her on record if she wasn't there!

Had my 2nd Astra Zeneca jab on Sunday.  By the time I went to bed had sore arm and a headache so took some paracetamol - woke up to just sore arm but a couple of hours later had headache, stiff neck, aching limbs and felt really lethargic to boot.  So took some more paracetamol and lay down for a while.   Nodded off for about an hour mid afternoon but when I woke up just the sore arm, all other symptoms had gone.  By the time I went to bed arm was not so sore and was able to sleep on that side no problem.

So not a great deal done although I did pick up my knitting again in the evening.   Watched one of the later New Tricks that I hadn't seen before and then Silent Witness, again one I'd never seen before.

Getting cross with myself for not accomplishing more during the past year - lots needing to be done decoration wise.   Even bought some paint early one which is still in the tin!   Wish I had some of your energy, Viktoria - you always seem to be accomplishing some new task and then moving on to another.   I applaud you.

Unfortunately, I can talk myself out of anything I don't really want to do. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 16:20 BST (UK) »
I often have one of my recurring bouts of Idleitus!

But usually get “ there “ in the end.
What amazes me is how did I keep on
top of a ten roomed house, high ceilings,double roll cornices, work, walk a dog , look after grandchildren ,do all the decorating and maintain the small rear garden,on a very busy road with all the muck that brings!
Ah well such is youth!- comparative youth that is!

Hope you feel better soon Annette.
Weather changed this afternoon ,dull and much cooler.

Someone has lost some keys,new ones ,so a big notice in my window in case the loser passes by.

Barky dog passed by and I said Hello,he didn’t bark or jump, so things are starting to work seemingly.
No idea for tea,perhaps a butter bean casserole ,not had that for ages.
Doesn’t take long to make or in the oven.

Well horse seems better but had lost a lot of weight,but he is spending a lot of time chasing up and down a fence with two,horses on the other side,also the spring grass is not very lush yet .
They can’t have much grass but need some.
Too much and the dreaded laminitis occurred,inflamed feet and in severe cases the bottom of the foot drops and the pedal bone can be exposed,nothing to do then but the humane killer!

In May, there are a few notable birthdays,a W.Anniversary etc all in a short space of time so my daughter suggested if it is allowed that I go down.
When I say go ,they will come for me.

Not seen my daughter for gosh ,can’t remember how long ,but for many of
you it has been much longer ,and so far away.

We have done well.
No small thanks to the diaries.
Cheerio folks .
Viktoria.