Author Topic: bridget reilly  (Read 591 times)

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
bridget reilly
« on: Tuesday 20 April 21 23:51 BST (UK) »
seeking information on my Aunt Bridget (nee) Reilly lived in Birmingham in the 60's. all I have to go on is that she was my Father's Sister and my Sister stayed with her leading up to and or following our Mother's demise in 1964  but cannot recall Bridget's married name.
Tony
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: bridget reilly
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 07:38 BST (UK) »
can you recall the street address?
check the electoral rolls

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 09:28 BST (UK) »
Have a look on FreeBMD - there are a few instances of Bridget Reilly being married in the Birmingham Registration District in the timescale.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 April 21 21:37 BST (UK) »
thanks for the responses folk, it was a long shot fish for info, Aunt Bridget will have passed on by now given an Uncle's and Father's D.O..B's (C1882, can't find the exact date on Irish Genealogy) & 1909).

the free BMD option is useful, it might jog my sister's memory (not much of it left nowadays mind you)

with a married name to go on I could then check the electoral registers.

Tony
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 April 21 22:04 BST (UK) »
Is the 1909 birth your father’s?
Where was Bridget born and approximately when?
Would she be in 1939 register?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 April 21 22:58 BST (UK) »
yes, I have Father's B.C. 1909 Dublin is definite, my Uncle died in 1955 age 63 hence the C1882 D.O.B

I have a 90% marriage for my paternal Grandparents in 1882 that is, the address of the tenement where they lived in Dublin relates to the address my Uncle lived in at the time of his demise.

the 90% difference being that Grandmother's maiden name is given as Carolan on the marriage cert in 1882 and Carroll on Father's B.C. understandable given that Carolan is the Irish version of Carroll, ergo, erring on the side of probability.

I have no physical information whatsoever on Aunt Bridget other than what my Sister has said about being temporarily "fostered" by her in Birmingham. (it's a long, but interesting story of our lives)

Incredibly, from a post I made in earlier in the Carlow section I made contact with a relative who has indicated that my Mother's Brother also settled in Birmingham, so both sides of my family lived in close proximity, most likely without knowledge of each other.     

Tony