Author Topic: Vaccinated people in UK admitted to hospital  (Read 1976 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Vaccinated people in UK admitted to hospital
« on: Wednesday 21 April 21 11:29 BST (UK) »
BJ was questioned by a general public member yesterday regarding how many hospital admissions/deaths were of people already vaccinated. He said he didn't know exactly figures, but thought it would be very low.

The actual answer is that 32 out of a total of 74,705 patients admitted to hospital with Covid-19 between September and March had had the vaccine 3 weeks or more before.
Considering the time frame given, most if not all of these will have had only one dose of vaccine.

Really excellent news.
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccinated people in UK admitted to hospital
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 12:58 BST (UK) »
Interesting.

Would the ones that show up before the general roll out in December be those that were in the testing group ?

Gadget

PS - or is this a feature of the data collection - i.e they are produce every 6 months so that the 32 would have been in the last part of the period.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 13:21 BST (UK) »

The actual answer is that 32 out of a total of 74,705 patients admitted to hospital with Covid-19 between September and March had had the vaccine 3 weeks or more before.
Considering the time frame given, most if not all of these will have had only one dose of vaccine.

Really excellent news.

Was that number of just admissions - is there any data on how many who had the vaccine died from Covid?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 14:40 BST (UK) »
Difficult to answer your questions, still finding it hard to concentrate very much!

Deaths were not covered in the report, as far as I know, though the figures will be known by somebody.

I think this is the correct link to the report about this, widely publicised in the news today. It says that 1 Sep 2020 was taken as the start of the second wave. Quite a few patients were admitted within a few days of first vaccination, for various reasons.

Hospitalised vaccinated patients during the second wave in the ISARIC4C CO-CIN cohort - Gov.uk

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/973183/S1143_Hospitalised_vaccinated_patients_during_the_second_wave__2_.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjc9qbrt4_wAhWjoVwKHTsYDM0QFjARegQIDBAC&usg=AOvVaw2Pb5wXy0OsXn2wxazTKPvH
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 16:41 BST (UK) »
The PDF suggests those people were infected around the day of vaccination or shortly after, in other words before immunity had developed.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 17:10 BST (UK) »
Guy, I know that, I don't know that I've given the correct link.
Was trying to look for it and that was what I came up with. But today's news reports link to UK Coronavirus Clinical Characterisation Consortium and Professor Calum Semple, who the pdf refer to.

Prof Semple is reported as saying -
 'What you see is most people who were admitted had caught their infection within a week of vaccination – either side of the vaccination – but then there was a really sharp drop off in numbers.

'Three weeks after being vaccinated, we could only count 32 people out of the 2,000 that had been vaccinated and that's a tiny, tiny number – that's less than 2 per cent.

'And that's just after the first vaccine, and that's in your frail, elderly population. So this is really good real world data showing that this vaccine works and that one dose works really well.'

As my powers of concentration have been decimated (either by the pandemic, or by early dementia!!) I would be grateful if anyone can find a link to the correct paper!

In the meantime, as Prof Calum has reportedly said 'And that's just after the first vaccine, and that's in your frail, elderly population.'

We may hear more tomorrow, results have been presented to SAGE and ministers today.

Absolutely fantastic news, I think. I've had both my doses now, just waiting for daughter and her husband, late 30s

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 17:26 BST (UK) »

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 17:49 BST (UK) »
I think it is the right link! At least the Prof thinks so, in reply to Annette from Leicester (BJ didn't know the answer to her question)

https://twitter.com/ProfCalumSemple/status/1384543922798612485?s=20

Margaret

Modified: Can find no reference to 32 or 2,000 in that pdf. Hope this isn't fake news that I have posted

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 20:56 BST (UK) »
In the US

"Among the more than 75 million people fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the United States by the second week of April, there were only 5,814 reports of coronavirus infections — a staggeringly low number that shows just how effective the shots are."
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk