Author Topic: elsie caroline hosey/hoosey nee lovern  (Read 653 times)

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: elsie caroline hosey/hoosey nee lovern
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 April 21 08:09 BST (UK) »
thank  you all  i sort of suspect she could have been buried else  where,  where is  the question
  the person who read about adoption   can i ask  where you read it please
all i know is her first child was taken by welfare and adopted

Firstly, if you would like anything i posted removed just let me know, for some reason it wouldn't let me private message you.

Western Australia was the first state to bring it in.

When did Adoption start in Australia?
History of adoption. Concerns about high levels of infant mortality and occasional reports of infanticide cases led to the first legislation on adoption in Australia being enacted in Western Australia in 1896, with similar legislation following in other jurisdictions from the 1920s.

https://aifs.gov.au/publications/past-and-present-adoptions-australia

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 April 21 08:35 BST (UK) »

There appears to be 2 birth reg. for the same person. One 1917 and one 1930. JM can you explain why this would be please as i have no idea.

LOVERN ERIC M   27103/1917   mother  ELSIE C  -  SYDNEY
LOVERN ERIC M  142/1930  mother  ELSIE C

PEARSON ERIC M  142/1930 mother IRENE

PEARSON Eric Michael 142/1930 mother Irene

Oh i think i might know why there are all these birth registrations now.

His birth wasn't registered and adoption come into in 1920's so his birth had to be registered for them to adopt him so his birth was registered twice, one for the birth and the 2nd time for a late entry, then his new name was registered due to the adoption??

JM would like your input please  :) I would hate to post the wrong stuff.

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 April 21 08:39 BST (UK) »

There appears to be 2 birth reg. for the same person. One 1917 and one 1930. JM can you explain why this would be please as i have no idea.

LOVERN ERIC M   27103/1917   mother  ELSIE C  -  SYDNEY
LOVERN ERIC M  142/1930  mother  ELSIE C

PEARSON ERIC M  142/1930 mother IRENE

PEARSON Eric Michael 142/1930 mother Irene

Oh i think i might know why there are all these birth registrations now.

His birth wasn't registered and adoption come into in 1920's so his birth had to be registered for them to adopt him so his birth was registered twice, one for the birth and the 2nd time for a late entry, then his new name was registered due to the adoption?? They probably had him from birth but didn't offically adopt him until 1930.

JM would like your input please  :) I would hate to post the wrong stuff.

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 April 21 09:03 BST (UK) »
IF he was adopted in 1930 im having problems finding where you can apply for his records. Im sure there is a 100 year seal on them but if you can find who to contact they would be able to give you more information on all of that.

Offline yasi123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 26 April 21 09:38 BST (UK) »
would elsie hoosey/hosey nee lovern  be buried with   husband  joseph  hoosey/hosey  he us supposed to be buried in west kemspey cemetery  could not find him,   have been search today

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 26 April 21 09:48 BST (UK) »
would elsie hoosey/hosey nee lovern  be buried with   husband  joseph  hoosey/hosey  he us supposed to be buried in west kemspey cemetery  could not find him,   have been search today

According to his obit he was buried there, not all burials are online. I would give them a ring and see if they have him there and check for Elsie as well. She may or may not be there but could be worth a try since she doesn't appear to be at the Molong cemetery. Otherwise her death cert. would state where she is buried.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 26 April 21 10:31 BST (UK) »
An official transcription for the two reference numbers  one registered 1917, one registered in 1930)  will resolve the questions.   :)  There ought to be endorsements,  and perhaps an NSW SC file reference stamped near top left margin...  Adoptions in NSW in that era were closed by the Supreme Court but many recent NSW laws should help. 

It is possible that a person born in NSW in 1917 is a living person, and NSW law thereby protects their expectation to privacy of the individual.  That includes their names.   

So the question becomes: Can our OP confirm that they already know that the1917 born person is no longer living? 

JM  ... Currently organising the 4th of 7 significant birthday celebrations THIS year  :) :) :)
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline yasi123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 26 April 21 22:55 BST (UK) »
giblet and others you help is much appreciated and any information is greatly appreciated