Author Topic: Matthew Coleman  (Read 1333 times)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Coleman
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 May 21 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary thank you for latest info. I live in hope I will receive a reply from Matthews brothers side of the family but I think I probably have more information on the irish side than they have. Glanmire & Carrignavar are not too distant from each other but when looking at nli it is difficult to determine which parish to apply. I cannot locate a marriage for matthews parents John Coleman & Johanna Geany it will have to be a Church record as before Civil registration.
You are correct in your assumption regarding DNA matches it is annoying when people do not reply to messages. Thank you again. :)

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 May 21 15:47 BST (UK) »
 Hi again Ballydw,

I don't know if you have cracked this case yet but when I was driving past a sign for Carraig na bFhear yesterday  I suddenly thought of another cemetery I visited in Glanmire and that was
Templeuisce.  It is located in Upper Glanmire up beyond Sarsfield Court.   

I checked all of my CDs and USBs and while I have written Templeuisce down on my index I just could not find it in any location.   

At least it is another choice of cemetery to keep in mind. 

Mary
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 May 21 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mary you are very kind I will check out the graveyard you mentioned I am guessing it is probably very old and not on historicgraves site.
I did put a post to try & locate a marriage for John Coleman & Johannah Geaney but no replies to date.
I have made great progress with Matthew Colemans sister Margaret. She ended up in NSW and I am in contact with her great grandaughter who has sent me reems of info & photos. She is hoping for info on the irish side which I will send what I have to date. Thank you again.Frances :)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 June 21 10:37 BST (UK) »

Thanks for the update Ballydw.  I know exactly what you mean when you say people rarely reply to messages.  I find that all the time especially with the dna matches.  I think most people have got these tests as gifts and they are not interested in pursuing things any further.   

I did some searching for you earlier.   Matthew had an older brother Michael from what I can remember born 1859 and I did go through the Nli for Whitechurch, Blarney to see if the parents had married there no luck for 1858/1859 . There is a photo of Michael on that site.   It seems that many of the family were born in Glanmire and some born in Carrignavar. 
Matthew's father John was born in Glanmire 15 April 1837 and his wife JOhanna Geaney was also born in Glanmire 24 Jan 1838.   Unusual that they were both Glanmire and then Matthew was born in Carrignavar. 

Thanks for the update it is always nice to hear how things work out.

Mary
Hello Mary I am wondering if you know the parents of John Coleman 1837 & Johanna Geaney 1838. Rgds