Author Topic: SCOTT FAMILY - CLONES, MONAGHAN  (Read 6732 times)

Offline Leith Lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SCOTT FAMILY - CLONES, MONAGHAN
« on: Thursday 29 April 21 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi
Our Scott's side of the family have either been born, married or died in or around this area of Monaghan and I am finding it really difficult to find any certificates or evidence of either. I know a lot of census material was destroyed in the civil war and wondered does the same apply to these documents. The era I am looking for is the 1800-1870s. Can anyone advise if there is a site that could help me.

Thank you. 

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: SCOTT FAMILY - CLONES, MONAGHAN
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 April 21 13:14 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Leith Lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SCOTT FAMILY - CLONES, MONAGHAN
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 April 21 12:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information it was useful. I don't really know much about the Irish sites and find them difficult to find what I am looking for. Much appreciated. I did find a couple of marriages too.

One marriage I am unable to find is a George Scott B1801 and a Jane Gilbraith or Galbraith B1816. I believe both were born in County Monaghan. Their first child was born 1835 Joseph Scott.

If anyone can help me with this again it would be much appreciated. It may enable me to trace a bit further back too.

Best Regards
Lorna