Author Topic: Elsie Hurst and Florrie Watkins?  (Read 408 times)

Offline Sammy An

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elsie Hurst and Florrie Watkins?
« on: Friday 30 April 21 14:04 BST (UK) »
I'm having some trouble finding the sisters of Fred Hurst. I have no idea what happened to them after 1911.

Elsie Hurst was born in 1897 in St Helens. Fred was born in 1900 St Helens, they had an adopted sister Florrie Watkins also born St Helens.

Fred was married to my grandfathers sister, Annie Clisham ne Hayes. They married June 11th 1938 in St Helens. It was a Catholic marriage. So I know what happened with him.

But Elsie and Florrie I just can't find after 1911. No marriages. The reason I want to find them is that I have a photo of Fred and Annie Marrying. Fred has his arm around a girl aged about 12, I don't know who she is, but she looks similar to Fred. I'm guessing it's a child of Fred's sister. but I'm not sure.

Sorry I know this is confusing.

Fred I know had no children. So this child is not his. I'm hoping someone can find some trace of Elsie and Florrie.

Sammy An.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Elsie Hurst and Florrie Watkins?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 21 23:44 BST (UK) »
Fred was born in 1900 St Helens

He was born 1898

Elsie was b Dec qtr 1896

Florence Watkins is on the 1901 census with parents John & Esther - Esther was nee Downall as was Jane Hurst - mother of Elsie

Deaths Dec qtr  1910   
Watkins    Esther    39    Prescot    8b   462

Can't see an obvious birth reg for Florence
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Elsie Hurst and Florrie Watkins?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 May 21 00:32 BST (UK) »
An Elsie Hurst b 1896 ideparted Liverpool for New York on 25.9.20 aboard the Kaiserin Auguste
Occ "Companion"

May not be the right Elsie as there is another Elsie Hurst of the same age b Liverpool
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)