Author Topic: Adoption of William Ryan (b.1893 Bradford, England)  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adoption of William Ryan (b.1893 Bradford, England)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 May 21 16:49 BST (UK) »
There was several Patrick Ryan's living in the same area, hence the different birth dates. There was a Patrick death in 1916 at 79 Captain street which I spent many weeks researching via the witness (married daughter) but even that proved wrong when Patrick married again and gave his fathers name as Thomas (not William). I've also found that tailoring was quite a common occupation for our family, even as far away as New York where I have found DNA matches.
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 May 21 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan, the lead for me was the address in 1891 marriage. The children then fit together through various census. As with all research it always needs testing. Still trying to find a common mother's maiden name for the children, this is proving a bit elusive, the first three possibly mmn Ross/Rossiter but the others???

John

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 May 21 19:05 BST (UK) »
Yes, very elusive, I've tried looking from every angle I can think of, including following the marriage witnesses to Glasgow, Scotland where I actually found a Patrick Ryan and family living close by. Another dead end  :-\
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal