Author Topic: Jennet McIntosh 1773  (Read 585 times)

Offline JEB54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jennet McIntosh 1773
« on: Friday 30 April 21 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am trying to find info on a Jennet McIntosh b. 1773-1852 in either Perthshire or Inverness-shire.  In 1801, she and her husband Donald Smith emigrated to Nova Scotia, Canada, and settled in Mt Thom, Pictou County, NS.  Donald Smith was born in Perthshire ca. 1762-1843.  I believe there was  one daughter born in Scotland, Elizabeth in 1798, while the others were born at Mt Thom.  I believe that Jennet McIntosh may possibly be related to the Chisholms of Inverness.

I have tried Scotlands People and other resources bu haven been able to in any birth or marriage records for Jennet McIntosh or Donald Smith.

Thank you for any assistance!!

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Jennet McIntosh 1773
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 21 19:16 BST (UK) »
If a Scottish baptism record in the mid-1700s is not on Scotland's People it almost certainly doesn't exist at all anywhere, and definitely not on Family Search, Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites, because what all these sites have is indexes to or transcriptions of the original information on Scotland's People.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline JEB54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jennet McIntosh 1773
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 April 21 19:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you!!  I understand but I was hoping to possibly find a marriage record for sometime in the 1790's or perhaps find someone who has McIntoshes who came to Nova Scotia.  There were quite a few families who came to the Pictou area but I haven't been able to find a connection between them.