Author Topic: Millington Springs 1 of 3  (Read 395 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Millington Springs 1 of 3
« on: Sunday 02 May 21 15:10 BST (UK) »
I've been disappointed to find that the cellophane coating on a set of three Ilford film photographs taken on a family outing in Millington Springs, Yorkshire, have started to separate from the photo paper.

I would appreciate some colour being returned to the background.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Millington Springs 1 of 3
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 May 21 18:12 BST (UK) »

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 May 21 18:17 BST (UK) »
That's absolutely fantastic japeflakes as I hadn't thought the figures  in the forefront could be improved.  I just hoped that the majority of the wrinkled lines could be removed.

Thank you very much.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 May 21 19:46 BST (UK) »
One from me
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 May 21 19:52 BST (UK) »
One to fit on the screen
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 May 21 21:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Trishanne.  At one time I could actually see who was who but I've now spent quite a while peering at the figures and the only thing I know for certain is that neither my cousin Brian nor I are on the photo because we were on the opposite hill -  he had the camera and I insisted on tagging along.

These are mostly my mother's side of the family, who joined us;-  her siblings with their families, her cousins with their families and one or two best friends with families. A pity Uncle Herbert's motorbike and sidecar didn't quite squeeze fully into the picture.

When I started my family history a couple of decades ago, I managed to trace a couple of my mother's cousins.  When mother's older 90 year old Cousin Ethel picked up her 'phone the first thing she quizzed me on after I'd introduced myself, was;  "What is Millington to you?"    After I'd given the correct answer, she remarked that she couldn't be too careful - I might be trying to scam her lol.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 May 21 22:41 BST (UK) »
Lovely piece of work Pat  :D

Great photo of a day out Rena. I remember going to "Millington Springs" on a trip with school when I was about 9 years old and we saw some spring lambs being fed, also the lambs in the field and it has stayed with me. Not long after when we were having lamb for Sunday lunch, my Father commented on the fact that meat on our plates probably came from the same farm I had visited recently  :o
I have never eaten lamb since  :(
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU