Author Topic: Ancestry Subscription Discount  (Read 116298 times)

Online Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Subscription Discount
« Reply #117 on: Thursday 17 November 22 19:31 GMT (UK) »
When I download that as a html file then try to open it, all I get is

"Your file couldn’t be accessedIt may have been moved, edited or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"

Perhaps it only works if you have already saved it before the offer was withdrawn.  :'(

I tried downloading it again as well and you are right, got the same message you did. It only works on the file that I downloaded in July.  I can't post the link either, as it is just a link to my desktop, (C:\Users\***********\Desktop) so I have no idea how it is even working!!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Thursday 17 November 22 20:15 GMT (UK) »

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"

Perhaps it only works if you have already saved it before the offer was withdrawn.  :'(

I tried downloading it again as well and you are right, got the same message you did. It only works on the file that I downloaded in July.  I can't post the link either, as it is just a link to my desktop, (C:\Users\***********\Desktop) so I have no idea how it is even working!!

Does your desktop show the file? and , if so, does it have a file name ending in .html?

Boo

Online Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Thursday 17 November 22 20:30 GMT (UK) »

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"

Does your desktop show the file? and , if so, does it have a file name ending in .html?

Boo

The desktop shows the Microsoft edge symbol and underneath subscribe, but when you bring up the properties screen either on the desktop or in folder the file is stored in, it shows its an html file, its called subscribe.htm and thats all plus a file path back to the desktop
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ffoxsake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Thursday 17 November 22 23:38 GMT (UK) »
The desktop shows the Microsoft edge symbol and underneath subscribe, but when you bring up the properties screen either on the desktop or in folder the file is stored in, it shows its an html file, its called subscribe.htm and thats all plus a file path back to the desktop

Please rename your "subscribe.htm" file as "subscribe.txt" and upload it here as an attachment. That will allow us to see the offer code and generate a new link for us all to use.

Offline ffoxsake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Thursday 24 November 22 10:39 GMT (UK) »
For anyone who also needs a DNA kit (maybe as an Xmas present) the current UK bundle offer for a 3-month Worldwide subscription for an extra £1 is excellent.

Current price for the DNA kit is £49 (plus £9.99 postage) until 29th Nov.

Direct link for the bundle...
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/checkout/mli?direct=1&offers=O-26207,O-24975&quantities=1,1&rtype=85&flow=3

p.s. I'd still like someone who saved the annual half price £89.99 offer as an html file to upload a copy of the file.

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Thursday 24 November 22 12:20 GMT (UK) »
I downloaded the file back in May.  At the time it wouldn't work for me and I ended up using a library computer to subscribe.  The file was called "Join Ancestry.html" with a little registered trademark symbol after the word ancestry.

I've taken a copy of the file and renamed the copy as a txt file (so I still have the original).  It's well oversize for posting here, even chopping it into allowable chunks would take a long time (Word says 94 pages).  If someone here thinks they might be able to make something workable from it I could email the txt file which is apparently 248 KB.  It begins:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<!-- saved from url=(0056)https://www.ancestry.co.uk/offers/subscribe?dna=crossAct -->
<html lang="en"><head class="at-element-marker"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><!-- Google Tag Manager --><script async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/config.js.download"></script><script async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/pathfora.min.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/4bd2ba109c"></script><script src="./Join Ancestry®_files/nr-spa-1215.min.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/linkid.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/ec.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/js"></script><script src="./Join Ancestry®_files/950149298358686" async=""></script><script src="./Join Ancestry®_files/identity.js.download" async=""></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" charset="utf-8" id="utag_455" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/fbevents.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" charset="utf-8" id="tealium-tag-7110" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/analytics.js.download"></script><script async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/latest.min.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/js(1)"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" charset="utf-8" id="utag_561" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/bat.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" charset="utf-8" id="utag_523" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/js(2)"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/js(3)"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/js(4)"></script><script async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/tfa.js.download" id="tb_tfa_script"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" charset="utf-8" id="utag_562" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/1011l204.js.download"></script><script type="text/javascript" async="" charset="utf-8" id="utag_498" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/hotjar-2144038.js.download"></script><script async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/gtm.js.download"></script><script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src='https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-P2G98L5');</script><!-- End Google Tag Manager --><script async="" src="./Join Ancestry®_files/p13n.min.js.download"></script>
    <title>Join Ancestry®</title>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="ie=edge">
    <meta name="description" content="Join the Ancestry® API Program and get access to our external API documentation.">
    <meta name="robots" content="nofollow">

<script type="text/javascript">
        ;window.NREUM||(NREUM={});NREUM.init={distributed_tracing:{enabled:true},privacy:{cookies_enabled:false},ajax:{deny_list:["bam-cell.nr-data.net"]}};
        window.NREUM||(NREUM={}),__nr_require=function(t,e,n){function r(n){if(!e[n]){var o=e[n]={exports:{}};t[n][0].call(o.exports,function(e){var o=t[n][1][e];return r(o||e)},o,o.exports)}return e[n].exports}if("function"==typeof __nr_require)return __nr_require;for(var o=0;o<n.length;o++)r(n
);return r}({1:[function(t,e,n){function r(t){try{s.console&&console.log(t)}catch(e){}}var o,i=t("ee"),a=t(32),s={};try{o=localStorage.getItem("__nr_flags").split(","),console&&"function"==typeof console.log&&(s.console=!0,o.indexOf("dev")!==-1&&(s.dev=!0),o.indexOf("nr_dev")!==-1&&(s.nrDev=!0))}catch(c){}s.nrDev&&i.on("internal-error",function(t){r(t.stack)}),s.dev&&i.on("fn-err",function(t,e,n){r(n.stack)}),s.dev&&(r("NR AGENT IN DEVELOPMENT MODE"),r("flags: "+a(s,function(t,e){return t}).join(", ")))},{}],2:[function(t,e,n){function r(t,e,n,r,s){try{l?l-=1:o(s||new UncaughtException(t,e,n),!0)}catch(f){try{i("ierr",[f,c.now(),!0])}catch(d){}}return"function"==typeof u&&u.apply(this,a(arguments))}function UncaughtException(t,e,n){this.message=t||"Uncaught error with no additional information",this.sourceURL=e,this.line=n}function o(t,e){var n=e?null:c.now();i("err",[t,n])}var

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline ffoxsake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Thursday 24 November 22 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jane - you should be able to attach the .txt file to a reply here (not copy/paste the whole thing  :) ).
When you reply, look below the text keying box and click on the "Attachments and other options" link.
Then you should be able to attach the file using the "Choose file" button that appears.

I have attached a simple file here just to (hopefully) prove it works :-)

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Thursday 24 November 22 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Only ever attached jpgs!  Didn't think of attaching a txt file  :-[.  Here it is:
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline ffoxsake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Thursday 24 November 22 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jane, got the file now. 
Unfortunately I don't think it's a saved version of the page that showed the 2 offers AFTER logging in. 
i.e. the page with the text on the screen that said :

================================================
UK Premium
£119.99£59.99* 12 month membership
[Get started]
Search more than 1 billion UK records, photos, and more
Build a family tree with helpful hints on finding your ancestors
Explore the trees of your AncestryDNA matches
Global access to explore your family's full story

Worldwide
£179.99£89.99* 12 month membership
[Get started]
Get everything in UK Premium
Delve into more than 30 billion global records
Trace your family journey through 80+ countries around the world
================================================

If somebody has that html page saved and can share it here then I should be able to get the offer codes from behind the two "Get Started" buttons.

Unfortunately all I saved at the time was a screen grab (attached)...

Thanks!