Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 2nd May  (Read 988 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 2nd May
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 May 21 14:29 BST (UK) »
Line of Duty? Huge let down, (only surpassed by the Series 5 ending where Dot Cotton spelled out the word "four" in Morse code by tapping his fingers as he lay dying.) Ridiculous.

I would say there is definitely another series in the pipeline.

I have read everyone's posts but it's a bit too late for me to comment in detail, so I will try to be brief. Our annoying neighbours have a stupid rooster which has been crowing every morning before dawn, so I need to try to get an early night. The thing has been loose in their front "garden" for weeks - some kind of stray I expect. Roosters are not allowed so there will be a phone call to the council to report it tomorrow.

Annette, your Christmas in June reminds me of our 'Christmas in July' - it is a bit of a marketing thing here for our cooler months.

Pharma, people walking on the road in the same direction as the traffic happens here too. I take great delight in giving them a big toot. Surprisingly, they always seem surprised.  ::) I nearly hit one one night as he walked on the road in the direction of the traffic wearing black and moved further onto the road to take a wide berth around an overhanging tree. There were footpaths on both sides of the road too. There are some fools around.

Caroline, I had to google "muntjac" and see that they are an introduced species, so although they look cute, they really shouldn't be there.  :) Wildlife decimating plants is very frustrating - we have possums which eat almost anything, climb onto the outdoor furniture to reach plants on the table, knock plant pots over etc.

I had to google Montbretia too Roobarb. They look pretty but apparently they are a weed here. Anything that sprouts after being left in a heap over winter has to be a bit of a worry.  ;D

Sunday - finished watching the second series of Liar (Joanne Froggatt) - very good series and good ending (unlike Line of Duty) - highly recommended.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 May 21 17:21 BST (UK) »
PharmaT, another worry is that some of these people don't even know which side they should be walking on. For someone to walk with a child on the side that doesn't have a pavement is just sheer stupidity.

I hope you get a decent day for your 'Christmas' Annette, fingers crossed the weather doesn't join in by snowing!  :o Well done with the timing of your planting, they'll be nicely watered in.

Ruskie, you do have my sympathy, being woken before dawn by that pesky rooster must be dreadful. Hope the council sorts it out.
I watched Liar when it was on here but I can't for the life of me remember anything about it, although I do think I liked it.
When I went to Madeira there were Montbretia growing in the wild, also a muber of other plants that we cultivate for our gardens, I seem to recall that hydrangeas were growing there too. Well they do call it the garden island.  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 May 21 20:37 BST (UK) »
Yes Pharma, face the oncoming traffic and when in a group the First Aider is  the last person because then they are walking to the accident should there be one ,not away from it.
The number of mothers with prams and pushchairs who push them right to the edge of the pavement ,dogs tied up to,prams used to be the
thing ,,imagine if the dog decided to run to another dog etc.!

Did all the horrible jobs in the kitchen today,on my tummy with tool on vac hose ,got under everywhere ,skirting boards damp dusted, shelves cleaned .
Re - organised some storage jars.etc.
Daughter phoning a bit later tonight ,they are busy with  job and a did not want to stop at a crucial moment .
Son phoned teatime ,there is no news to exchange really is there !

You have all been so busy again.

Such lashing rain today ,here in Lancashire, and really dark by five O’ Clock .
Hope those in the South and West were not too troubled by the forecast strong winds and heavy rain.

Just had a laugh at” Last of the Summer Wine”
Reports of monkeys in the woods ( Howard  and  Marina)
Foggy Cleggy and Compo set out to catch the monkeys , Foggy armed with a jungle blowpipe !
Cleggy,cautious  as ever wants to know ,in the absence of poison what Foggy has put on the poisoned dart that will send the monkeys go  to sleep .
Foggy tells them—- “ Horlicks” .

Well got the fire on ,it is cool  and  miserable , will  be early to bed tonight I think.A crossword to do.
Keep well everyone ,thanks for the news.
Viktoria.