Author Topic: Mary Ann Adey (born 1848-51 Birmingham) - Looking for birth and marriage  (Read 807 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Adey (born 1848-51 Birmingham) - Looking for birth and marriage
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 May 21 14:07 BST (UK) »
Mmm….. a marriage to Mary Ann ADEY proving difficult to find  ??? Perhaps they didn't marry  :-\

On 1901 census his wife is named Susannah. Did they marry?

The only marriage showing on Birmingham, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1937 for an Alfred SHRIVE is the 1855 marriage to Elizabeth CRUMPTON, his father Samuel Shrive

1902      Alfred died
1901      Alfred’s wife named Susannah born Ireland died ? edit possible death 1917 Cambridge
1881/91 Alfred’s wife named Mary Ann born Birmingham died 1894
1861/71 Alfred’s wife named Elizabeth born Birmingham died 1873
1851/41 Alfred's parents named Samuel & Elizabeth

What about naming patterns of his children ie after grandparents, parents or siblings or is it possible that Mary Ann ADEY was not born in Birmingham? You could try GRO indexes for births between 1848 - 1852 and see if you can find each one on the census to try and eliminate ???

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Adey (born 1848-51 Birmingham) - Looking for birth and marriage
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 May 21 14:27 BST (UK) »

Ladyhawk I too am wondering if Mary Ann and Alfred did in fact marry.

I cannot find a marriage either to his 3rd wife Susannah.

The only marriage I found was to his 1st wife Elizabeth and you are correct with the names of his parents.

I will do as you suggest and look at the GRO birth indexes between 1848-1852 - if only to eliminate others of the same name.

Thank you all for your help.

Fay
Family name Preston (of Birmingham)
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Update -Mary Ann Adey (born 1848-51 Birmingham)-Looking for birth and marriage -
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 July 21 16:26 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately Mary Ann Adey died and was buried  19 October 1853 in Birmingham, aged 14 months.

Update.

Further to BumbleBs reply I sent for birth certificate for Mary Ann Adey born Birmingham 1852 and death Certificate for Mary Ann Adey died October 1853.

Death certificate - Fathers name William. 

Birth Certificate -Born February 1852-  daughter of John Adey and Sarah Jennens,  Kenion (Kenyon Street) so I am hopeful that this could be my G Grandmother.

Sarah Adey (Jennens) passed away 1858 in Kenion (Kenyon) Street.

This would probably now tie in with census information 1851- John Adey (but with Jane) Kenion Street and 1861 with Jane and Mary Ann in Manchester.

1871 I have found a Mary Ann Aday (born Birmingham)- nurse at Kirkdale Fever Hospital, West Derby, Lancashire

I have also found on FreeReg - a marriage 1842 John Kady - glass cutter to Sarah Jennings at St Marys Church, Handsworth.

Does anyone know if St Marys Church marriage records are online to view, as I am looking for their addresses at the time of marriage.

Fay
Family name Preston (of Birmingham)
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).