Author Topic: Diary Thursday 6th May  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Thursday 6th May
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 May 21 11:43 BST (UK) »
No. No news but my daughter was quite reticent ,I just hope they are not planning a “ surprise’ for me as I have thoroughly talked myself out of having a dog, painful hip etc after stepping down what I thought was one step but was two!
We were supposed to get together this month ,lots if Birthdays and anniversaries etc .No definite news re that but she is very cautious on behalf of her employees and family .
Will not fully open her business yet ,too complicated if all regulations are totally adhered to.She values her staff ,depends on them for her business and its high reputation.
But thanks for the enquiry ,she does try so hard to please everyone .
Flash Harry is five on Tuesday!
Gosh that little scrap was so ill when born ,2,000 units of anti biotics at birth .
He was born with sepsis .Had ingested amniotic fluid and inhaled some too seemingly , whilst being born.
Don’t have full details .
Well just looking at what election results have come through.
Just wait and see .
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 May 21 11:44 BST (UK) »
It sounds like many of you had very unseasonable weather.

Thank goodness your gas is sorted out Pharma. We have liquid gas delivered - sometimes they can’t be bothered coming, or forget, leading to us running out of gas. Makes me livid.

I don't blame you ruskie, not good customer service.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 May 21 12:13 BST (UK) »
Jo, your OH must be made of stern stuff to stick it out all that time. I too torture myself by watching A Place in the Sun, looking at all the places I can't go to. Yet!

Weather sounds great there Ruskie, we can only dream of that at the moment! I think you could be right about Caroline looking forward to a girlie break.  ;)

Despite your protests Viktoria I think you'd be very pleased to get a puppy.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 May 21 12:39 BST (UK) »
Ruskie, 26 degrees, I can't tell you how jealous I am!! Roobarb, I remember the weather for VE day last year. We sat on a friends drive and had afternoon tea in our shorts and T-shirts. It will be  different this year as very heavy rain forecast. I think I was born in the wrong country, should definitely live somewhere sub tropical  8)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 May 21 13:40 BST (UK) »
oooo Viktoria, if you have talked yourself out of a puppy do you think you should tell your daughter in case they are planning a surprise? I'm sure you would enjoy a pup if you got one, and you are lucky in that if it doesn't work out, your daughter is happy to adopt it.

Be careful what you wish for Jo. Sub tropical is not all it's cracked up to be.  ;D

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 May 21 17:51 BST (UK) »
It does seem ridiculous that we’re all having to go out muffled up,to the eye balls in MAY!

I don’t blame you Jo for enjoying a 🍷 or 🍷🍷🍷🍷! Hope you’ve not got a sore head today 😂😂

You’re right Roobarb and Ruskie I am looking forward to going to my daughters even if I’m going to be looking a swirling black circles whilst making these curtains!
I often used to go down on my own before all this nonsense.... OH likes some peace and quiet and he gets to play golf and eat cheese on toast despite all the goodies I leave for him and he’s very capable to cook! I can’t wait....

Oh dear Viktoria.... surprises can be lovely but I too sense that maybe it’s not quite one you really want! Suck a big responsibility having a dog let alone a new puppy 😱😱. I’m sure you will deal with what ever happens in your usual pragmatic way!

PharmaT- I’m sure you’ll get your studying done and good to have you gas sorted.

Rain, rain and more rain tomorrow.... oh well at least I can get my SiL’ s and our friend M’s birthday cards made....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 May 21 22:12 BST (UK) »
Woke up this morning sore all down my right side, including hip. Turned out to be sciatica, probably I had slept on that side without turning for hours.  It pretty well disappeared by noon, but I had a nap after lunch, didn’t want to, but couldn’t keep my eyes open.
Did some more cleaning in my office, sorted a jigsaw puzzle, and then we went off to do the grocery pick up. Nothing untoward there, but OH for two orders in a row forgot to order his sandwich meats, so yesterday he went to a more distant “fancier” grocery store and got his meat and picked up one of our favourites they so there, stuffed mushrooms.  He also got sticky toffee pudding!  Not as good as some we’ve had here, but good.  No sauce with it, but we have a Mary Berry recipe, so will make some for the rest of it.  I did roast mini potatoes so we had a nice meal and leftovers tonight!
The sticky toffee pudding will wait for Sunday which is Mother’s Day here.  I got a box in the mail yesterday, told not to even open the box itself til Sunday.  Told OH to hide it so I wouldn’t be tempted.  The box is from my daughters, son says he will call me Sunday with “some news”.  Knowing him he is just pulling my leg.
Cool spring here today, wore my winter coat to get groceries. I never wear a hat or scarf even in the depths of winter but I also don’t wear sweaters so I needed the coat over my light top.  Yesterday morning it was frosty out, our daffodils are still looking good though, am thinking they don’t have much longer.
Just talked to my family history friend re the mags I am going to give her, she is willing to take them all.  She spent the better part of the weekend at one of the hospitals as they were worried she’d had a stroke.  She is a widow but she has a daughter here, so she stepped in, and she is at her place.  I hope she is okay, waiting for test results to see what’s up.
Not much else going on.  Reading a book, novel, by Curtis Sittenfeld (female) called Rodham, all about
Hillary Clinton if she had NOT married Bill C.  Author really portrays him as a womanizer, prob close to the mark!
Into second season of Keeping Faith, which I fell asleep to this afternoon.  Somewhat confused.  Also find the main character far too emotional for a lawyer.  But is entertaining and intriguing.
All the best to everyone!

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 May 21 22:31 BST (UK) »
Stayed bright all day but still cold.
Some Nasturtiums not peeping through yet ,nice big seeds too.

Might venture out tomorrow just to see if the usual ,small open air market is open as it is Saturday.
Wearing winter clothes today ,so chilly .

Must also get to Garden Centre ,all open air , for plants for neighbour’s pots.
I want a sage bush too.

Well Ramsbottom has a Labour Councillor ,a young man who was a little boy at the schools, both -as they moved house, where I worked.
No news as to who is Greater  Manchester’s Mayor,yet .
Some surprises though!

Been looking for a new single mattress , however I feel sure it is better to get a mattress and base that are meant for each other.
Revues go from excellent to rubbish! About the same product .
I value the space under the bed as I have closed bedding boxes there so need a bed on legs,so many new beds are like big blocks!
I want a medium firm mattress but don’t want to have to turn it too often.
Rotating no real problem ,and memory foam- does that stay in your shape? ;D
Some are so deep too.
We have a good shop here but it is many stories high and beds and mattresses are on the top floor  !
No customer lift.
Will have to wait I suppose until I can get to Bury.

Hope it warms up soon ,the pond needs attention again .
Too cold to have my hands in really cold water .

Well a nice cupppa or even hot  milk ,a crossword in bed and bo bos ,in other words sleep — “ go to bo bos now “.
My son had a bo bo blanket ,just held it and plucked fluff from it then tickled his own nose with the bo bos he had made .
He thought Rosebay Willow herb and Dandelions were bo bo trees.
Aaaw,he’s only 64 now!
Goodnight to those still up and Good morning to those who will read this tomorrow.
Viktoria.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 07 May 21 22:41 BST (UK) »
Still up, here, Viktoria!  It is 5:41 p.m., just about to eat  :).