Author Topic: STACKHOUSE  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: STACKHOUSE
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 08 May 21 01:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much everyone. Answers all the questions except one.

Wonder what happened to Mary Susan in NZ. Found them in 1871 in Newark upon Trent and she was 7mths old, so 5 on the ship would be about right.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 08 May 21 12:13 BST (UK) »
They had one known daughter Elsie Eileen born Oct 1903.

Can't find a birth reg for the daughter anywhere. Her DOB comes from her death reg.

Do you have a day for Elsie's birth?  If she were my ancestor I would want to find proof of her birth or baptism.  One child to Charlotte and Frederick in however long they were together, then Charlotte does not have another child until 13 years later, 3 years after her second marriage.

There is a registered birth for an Elsie Eileen COLEMAN, illegitimate daughter of Edith born 1 Oct 1903.

Debra  :)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 May 21 23:43 BST (UK) »

There is a registered birth for an Elsie Eileen COLEMAN, illegitimate daughter of Edith born 1 Oct 1903.

Hi Debra ... I checked this COLEMAN birth also ... and ruled it out for some reason.   Will go back and look again.     I think the birth was registered at Napier.

~  Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 10 May 21 01:30 BST (UK) »

Hi Debra ... I checked this COLEMAN birth also ... and ruled it out for some reason.   Will go back and look again.    I think the birth was registered at Napier. * see correction below

~  Lu

Hi   ... I will come back to this ... just need to further clarify some issues.   ;D

I'm guessing Debra, that you thought much the same as me, that the child Elsie Eileen COLEMAN may have been adopted out  ??   ;)

AND Correction to my earlier post ... this 1903 birth, was actually registered at Wellington NZ.

~  Lu

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 10 May 21 12:13 BST (UK) »
I think it is possible given the fact that there is no birth registration under STACKHOUSE and Charlotte does not have much of a childbirth history.  If Elsie's known date and place of birth is also 1 Oct 1903 at Wellington then it seems highly likely.