Author Topic: Lord Middleton and the Creswells  (Read 590 times)

Offline SandraEve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lord Middleton and the Creswells
« on: Friday 07 May 21 09:08 BST (UK) »
This is a long shot but I am hoping someone may be able to shed light on my query.
I have a photo copy of a piece of paper with notes about my family tree. The note was written by a second cousin 2 x removed (1899-1996). I believe the notes were written around 1920.  Some of the writing is ineligible. What I have been able to read is "Creswell something attached to Creswells family rightly Lord Middleton"   Melicent Creswell (1810-1847) was her great grandmothers maiden name.
Google searches for Middleton/Creswell have proved negative and also an extensive FindMyPast newspaper search negative. 
Thank you
Sandra

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Middleton and the Creswells
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 May 21 15:45 BST (UK) »
How does either surname connect to your own FH? 

With so little info I would suggest you work your way backwards and see what connections you may make.  Perhaps she worked for Lord Middleton?

Freebmd has 5 deaths in 1847 with a christian name Melicent but only one fits around an 1810 birthyear

Melicent May aged 39  June qtr 1847 - birthyear around 1807/8

If you have Ancestry access - see this link

www.rootschat.com/links/01qlo

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline SandraEve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Middleton and the Creswells
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 May 21 16:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the advice Carole.  Melicent Creswell was my third great grandmother. She married Thomas May in Nottingham in 1828.  I have no connection as far as I know to Middleton.  I also thought Melicent or her mother may have worked for Lord Middleton. I have been unable to find a baptism for Melicent in Nottinghamshire and I have no idea who her parents were. 
Sandra