Author Topic: Stettin Family GERMANY  (Read 356 times)

Offline Elan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stettin Family GERMANY
« on: Saturday 08 May 21 04:43 BST (UK) »
Hello I am looking for any information for the above family believed to be from the Sachsen or Schonberg Altmark areas in Germany. ( not sure if they in the same area)
Charlotte Maria Augusta Stettin B 1844 immigrated to NZ in 1874. Would like to track her parents and any siblings and or relatives.
Thankyou you in advance from New Zealand.
I cannot speak or read German.
Carroll,Newman,Carter,Higgins,BentleyMadsen,Meldrum,lay,Butters,Henderson,Stevenson

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Stettin Family GERMANY
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 May 21 04:56 BST (UK) »
You may have this already ... the passenger list for her arrival in New Zealand  (on the Reichstag, departed Hamburg 10 May 1874) she is listed as a servant, aged 30, from Schönberg, Altmark.

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 May 21 07:49 BST (UK) »
Hello I am looking for any information for the above family believed to be from the Sachsen or Schonberg Altmark areas in Germany. ( not sure if they in the same area)
Charlotte Maria Augusta Stettin B 1844 immigrated to NZ in 1874. Would like to track her parents and any siblings and or relatives.
Thankyou you in advance from New Zealand.
I cannot speak or read German.

did she have relatives already in New Zealand ?

https://en.geneanet.org/fonds/individus/?size=10&sexe=&nom=stettin&ignore_each_patronyme=&prenom=&prenom_operateur=or&ignore_each_prenom=&place__0__=&zonegeo__0__=New+Zealand&country__0__=NZL&region__0__=&subregion__0__=&place__1__=&zonegeo__1__=&country__1__=&region__1__=&subregion__1__=&place__2__=&zonegeo__2__=&country__2__=&region__2__=&subregion__2__=&place__3__=&zonegeo__3__=&country__3__=&region__3__=&subregion__3__=&place__4__=&zonegeo__4__=&country__4__=&region__4__=&subregion__4__=&type_periode=between&from=&to=&exact_month=&exact_day=&exact_year=&go=1
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Elan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 May 21 08:10 BST (UK) »
Maddys52 thank you and yes I do.
Carroll,Newman,Carter,Higgins,BentleyMadsen,Meldrum,lay,Butters,Henderson,Stevenson

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 May 21 17:05 BST (UK) »
Schönberg is a small village (current population: 500) in the Altmark region. Today it is in the German state of Sachsen-Anhalt (Saxony-Anhalt).
I don't know if the church records are anywhere online?
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 May 21 17:18 BST (UK) »
The surname is a bit hard to google because Stettin in the name of a city in modern day Poland (Szczecin).
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Elan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 May 21 22:27 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for your replies Garstonite and Decor.
Most helpful.