Author Topic: Weddings in Leighton Buzzard 1830 help please  (Read 758 times)

Offline gertrudepilley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Weddings in Leighton Buzzard 1830 help please
« on: Sunday 09 May 21 14:41 BST (UK) »
I have two christening records for  James Parrott in 1811 :  One for the son of Daniel and Peggy Parrott and the other for the son of William and Sarah Parrott.   The 1841 census shows James Parrott being married to Elizabeth with children Sarah aged 9, Joseph aged 6, Hannah aged 3 and William aged 9 months.  This family are not my ancestors as they are still living in Leighton Buzzard.  The one I am researching is James Parrott born in Leighton Buzzard and living temporarily in Kent - with Eliza and son John.  I have been unable to locate marriage records for either of the two James.  Are there any records for marriages in Leighton Buzzard for a James Parrott married to Elizabeth (possibly Adams - GRO record for Hannah aged 3 in 1841) ? I am hoping that his father's name will be recorded - and therefore help me establish which James Parrott has the parents Daniel and Peggy.
Many thanks
Jenny

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Weddings in Leighton Buzzard 1830 help please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 May 21 15:05 BST (UK) »
James Parrott married Elizabeth Adams in Leighton Buzzard 22 November 1835. No other details given.

Father's names are not usually included. That starts with Civil Registration in 1837.
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 May 21 15:16 BST (UK) »
In 1851 James & Eliza are in Lincolnshire with a son Daniel
HO107
Piece number   2102
Folio   127
Page   16

ADDED
PARROT, DANIEL       mmn LINEY 
1848  Dec Quarter in WOKINGHAM UNION  Volume 06  Page 292

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gertrudepilley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 May 21 15:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you emeltom, you have helped confirm that James married Elizabeth Adams.  He died a few years later.  It was just a hope that his father's name was recorded - but I thought it was unlikely.
Thank you Rosie for the census information information- I have been able to follow the James Parrott through various census returns.  He was a railroad labourer and brick setter so he moved all over the place.
Jenny

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 May 21 15:48 BST (UK) »
As the James that married Eliza 'Liney' had a son Daniel do you not think that he is a suitable candidate for the baptism with father Daniel  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gertrudepilley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 May 21 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie,
Thank you for your helpful ideas. Your thinking is along the same lines as mine.  James and Eliza Linney had a large family - no sign of a son called William but there is a son called Daniel.

The other James - who married Elizabeth Adams - had a son called William, but no Daniel ... however, this James died young with only 4 children.  He was a farm labourer in 1841.

The other factor, is that Daniel and Peggy - had two sons called Daniel - one born 1805 who died as a baby. Their  next son was also called Daniel - he was born in  1807.  The one born in 1807 is recorded on the 1841 census as a railroad labourer - the same as the James Parrot and Eliza Linney..  Far from conclusive evidence but certainly circumstantial.

Thanks again for taking the time to help and advise. 
Jenny