Author Topic: Undiscovered romanys in my family tree  (Read 310 times)

Offline scarlettslipper

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Undiscovered romanys in my family tree
« on: Monday 10 May 21 14:16 BST (UK) »
I took a DNA test and was connected with a 3rd cousin through our Irish DNA  I'd never heard of checking through the predicted relationship and the trees and the GGG grandmother were predicted to be descended I found it quite correct but absolutely stunning as I'd never researched that side of my tree could this be true?

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
Re: Undiscovered romanys in my family tree
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 May 21 18:01 BST (UK) »
I'm no expert but I don't see why not, especially if you are going quite a few generations back.

I had a look online and found this resource, it might be helpful to you, assuming you haven't found it already.

http://rtfhs.org.uk
;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*

Offline scarlettslipper

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Undiscovered romanys in my family tree
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 May 21 20:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Stanwix I hadn't discovered the resource you sent me a link to so I'll try and join its much easier to explore Romany roots with others. I'm going back to 1750s and my ancestors daughter or sister seems to have married into a Romany family of horsedealers. I'm assuming my geneolgy in following the trees back is correct as there are so many matches this 3rd cousin brings in it can't be coincidental some I noticed have a bit of South Indian DNA too along with the Irish English Balkan and east Asian and  even native American truly a wandering family tree