Author Topic: Norfolk Island Births and immigration  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Norfolk Island Births and immigration
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 03:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Neale, that's a great help  :D

:'(  :'(  :'(

22 June 1829 at Sydney Burial Ground, registered St Philips by Rev William Cowper
Jane MILWARD aged 1 year 10 months. 

Not listed at NSW BDM online index.   Many years ago I, along with the volunteer Archivist and the Clergy at a Sydney CBD church FOUND around original parish registers with some 800 baptisms and burials and marriages from the 1810-1840s era that were NOT on the CDs or the online indexes. 

I expect several of my ancient rellies following my posts will get cracking on their Old Boys network  and check out that infant burial I have listed and sort out NSW BDM yet again.

I can see burial indexed for infant James, in 1829 (twice indexed: Vol 13, line 1107and Vol 2C, line 8556). 

JM   
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 03:58 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to find the girl aged 11, mentioned but not named, in the 1832 orphan application for the boys...
But I have found nothing yet.  :-[
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 04:04 BST (UK) »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh .... and there I was, I was hoping you would find her, as I have not yet...  ::)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 04:10 BST (UK) »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh .... and there I was, I was hoping you would find her, as I have not yet...  ::)

JM
At least I know she will not be named Jane. She could be Ellen, named after George’s mother. ??

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 04:18 BST (UK) »
Did you notice the two dates for the baptism for George Alexander?  That suggests to me that there is a transmitted record,  with the actual baptism in December 1830 (but before Advent) and that record then reached Rev Cowper Feb 1831. 

JM

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 04:59 BST (UK) »
Did you notice the two dates for the baptism for George Alexander?  That suggests to me that there is a transmitted record,  with the actual baptism in December 1830 (but before Advent) and that record then reached Rev Cowper Feb 1831. 

JM
I did notice the different dates, but I don’t know what to make of it. We don’t know where that “copy” attached to the orphanage application was taken from. It is signed with a blur and scrawl of a signature.

The orphanage application contains correspondence from the Church Corporation Office, and is signed by “Henry Kerrison James in W. Cowper’s absence”. The bad signature could be his.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 05:49 BST (UK) »
That's not a scrawl,  that's a highly educated Scribbler's unique scribble, he would have spent many hours perfecting that penmanship.   I am just waiting to hear which Scribbler scribbled his quill in that very sophisticated hand.   (Sophisticated can mean so refined that there's nothing of substance remaining that reflects the original).  :D

Still nothing in any of my 'strays' folders for 1832 that could help.   :-[

JM

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 06:00 BST (UK) »
Here is the sophisticated scribblers biography
https://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/james-henry-kerrison-3846