Author Topic: Diary > Monday 10th May.  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 10th May.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 May 21 18:00 BST (UK) »
Very happy you can look forward to some contact time with FH Viktoria, and I hope the issues with your son's health are resolved very soon.
Such a worry.... I wonder how our chum in NZ is getting on? Haven't heard from her for a while.

Ref the car damage, it just seems very coincidental timing, given that mine picked up some similar damage when we first came here, after I had been told explicitly by a resident, that if I put my car in a particular (unused) place, he would block me in until he felt like moving his vehicle which might not be for a couple of weeks. 
The off road parking here is very limited, and some people have garages, which do not house cars, mainly vehicles because most are too large.
Nearly every dwelling has 2 cars.
There is allocated parking, and parking for "visitors" which is always full of resident's cars.
We have a situation where someone who has lived here since the complex was first built wants a garage, but doesn't have one, and uses a non allocated space as a right, though the allocated space he has is never in use.  He has made great friends with another resident who uses a non allocated space continually, which is fair enough.
Still with me? Bet you wish you hadn't asked!!
H is a Director for the complex, that is, he aims to smooth over small difficulties and changes all the light bulbs.
He was approached with a complaint that someone had parked over night in the entry, obstructing the pavement, when all allowed spaces were in use.
My husband reasonably pointed out various reasons why such action was necessary, if not desireable.  I was proud of him as I would have wet my knickers and run away!!
Sadly I did expect some sort of retribution, (if only "being sent to Coventry") and as I say, the timing was impeccable, but who knows?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 10th May.
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 May 21 19:55 BST (UK) »
Well I do not have a car ,Neither do I have automatic right to the space outside my house for visitors to park.
I say nothing even when huge vans park and block my view ,I have no right to say anything .
People do use” my “ space, notably Mr Grumpy he with the dropped kerb!
That is so his wife can get in and out of their front garden which they converted to parking ,without him having to move the van off the dropped kerb.
My daughter has said if he is parked outside my house and there is nowhere else to park she will use his dropped kerb,that will have him seething and he will be filmed screaming and threatening on her camera,also his attack on my son will be available.
I do not agree with that, I have smoothed things over but then to drive for five hours and have to seek parking ,which won’t be very close by and the risk of such damage as has been described as well,I can understand why she feels like that.
I really don’t think she would ,she is a peacemaker too .

We had a car stolen once, the car keys were in a little fancy dish on the hall stand .
Two new fireside chairs were delivered and one man was doing the cushions and removing protective packaging etc ,a young lad with him did not come into that room but stayed in the hall as he said he did not like dogs.
Next morning our new Golf had gone !
The Police held out little hope saying a new car like that was more valuable broken up for parts .
The keys had too ,but ,there were signs of forced entry ,window catches forced yet some lovely cut glass vases etc were not moved one inch on the window sill .
I am pretty sure they did not get in that way .
It was a while before we realised the lad who stayed in the hall would have seen the keys , standing where he did.
The car was recovered some time later doing wheelies in a council estate and
being  a danger  to playing children.
The driver was the same racial group as the young man who helped with the chairs but stayed in the hall .
We had no names of course.
The Police of course went to the furniture shop .
We did not hear the end of that of course ,but got a new car so no problem.
Locks changed etc and a burglar alarm fitted.
The keys were where they were because some days earlier the car had rolled back ,stopping as it came to another car.
Some electrical fault  was the diagnosis as all the windows were down .
We had to show the Police we had all the keys ,myOH put them in the dish,very unlike him ,but he was chatting with the Police officer and just dropped them in—- temporarily!
The car went to the showroom from where we had bought it and sorted out.
Actually  when it was stolen we were glad to be rid if it ,it felt” heavy “my OH said . We changed to a Polo so we could park off road in a dead end side street without inconveniencing people with garages down there .
They could pass the Polo but could not have passed the Golf .
A natural stone wall with some big stones jutting out ,that would have ruined
the side panels of cars leaving the cul de sac, if a wider car was parked there.
 We had nice neighbours and everyone cooperated.
Viktoria.