Author Topic: Robinson/Robertson - Fisher marriage about 1830-41  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson/Robertson - Fisher marriage about 1830-41
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 16 May 21 23:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks regarding the place name, I was going by this http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1831/Londonderry/Coleraine/Mecasquin/Drumeroon/26/ Thanks for the info regarding that John Robinson.

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 17 May 21 00:39 BST (UK) »
If Church of Ireland.

The 1831 census I believe only has one family with John as the head and it is John Robertson (not Robinson).

Residents of a house 7 in Ballymully (Desertlyn, Loughinshollin, Londonderry)

There are 5 people in the house

2 males and 3 females

I am told that Desertlyn Church of Ireland records start in 1797. (Copy in PRONI).

Plus the 1901 Census has a Robinson family living in Ballymully

William Robertson and His wife Jane Fisher who went to Australia (William could Read and Write his wife and sister Mary could only read).

Jane Fisher's place of origin may be Lurganbrack which is a townland on the Fanad peninsula in Co Donegal. Nearest Presbyterian church is probably Fannet. Their records apparently start from 1827. (There’s a copy in PRONI.)

I don't have access to PRONI.

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 17 May 21 11:14 BST (UK) »

"..No parent details on her Church wedding at Hexham NSW 5 Feb 1849."

What information do you see on this document?

First marriage for Benjamin?........what names for witnesses?....does Mary Ann use her signature?

NSW BDM
637/1849 V1849637 34C     COOK   Benjamin        ROBINSON  Mary  A    @     CT

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 16 June 21 00:31 BST (UK) »
ok, it looks like the marriage for William Robinson and Jane Fisher may have been located.

First Derry Presbyterian Church
29th April 1840
William Robinson married Jane Fisher
Witnesses: Samuel and Jane Fisher (not Jane's parents names)

If the correct Jane Fisher than it looks like she was living in Derry (mine was from Donegal) in Ferry Quay Street which is now known as Ferrquay Street (it looks like this street is in Derry not Donegal) when married and William Robinson is down simply as Derry.

This marriage was only 16 months prior to William Robertson and wife Jane Fisher arriving in Australia on the "Percy" 28 Aug 1841

Info sourced from Rootsireland by someone (rootsireland doesn't have $AUD conversion so I can't verify the info).

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 20 June 21 09:28 BST (UK) »
If the Surname is Robinson the 1831 Census  has
John Robinson house 26 in Drumeroon (Mecasquin, Coleraine, Londonderry) 2 males 1 female
Mary Robinson house 27 in Drumeroon (Mecasquin, Coleraine, Londonderry) 3 females
William Robinson house 29 in Drumeroon (Mecasquin, Coleraine, Londonderry) 1 male 5 female
All 3 entries in Drumeroon (Mecasquin, Coleraine, Londonderry) that add up to 12 people are Presby (plus shows 3 of the names that are in the family I am looking for, so they are probably all related to each other).
That John Robinson only has 3 people in the household (2 males and 1 female which could be John and his two children William and Mary).

That should be Drumcroon in Mecasquin (Macosquin) Parish
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/c19/007246634/007246634_00339.pdf

The John Robinson household in 1831 census is actually John Robinson, his wife Letitia & son Archibald (bapt. 20 July 1829 Macosquin Presbyterian Church). Later they had Eliza (bapt. 19 Nov.1831), Mary (bapt. 15 July 1834), Fisher (bapt. 8 Nov.1836), John (bapt. 1 Feb.1842). The son Fisher later lived at "Whitehill" in Aghadowey townland, Aghadowey Parish.

Thanks, I may have found a match in Templemore in the 1831 Census.

"Residents of a house 2 in Diamond (Templemore, -, -)

Jno Robinson 2 males 1 female (Presby) 1 female servant Church of Ireland

I am told that Jane Fisher who married William Robinson "First Derry Presbyterian Church on 29th April 1840" in 1840 lived Ferry Quay Street (Ferryquay Street) and that this Street leads into Diamond.

I have worked out that Samuel Fisher who married Jane McBride in 1840 Church of Ireland is Jane Fisher's brother. Jane Fisher's occupation is servant on her 1841 immigration to Australia records.