Author Topic: ENTWISTLE Family in Bury Dan-Air disaster  (Read 278 times)

Offline davidfontseca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ENTWISTLE Family in Bury Dan-Air disaster
« on: Monday 10 May 21 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hello.
My name is David Fontseca, a Spanish filmmaker, I write you because I think maybe you could help me.
We are producing a new documentary about the Dan-Air airplane had crashed into the Montseny Mountains in Northern Spain in July 1970. Most of the victims were from Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
We are very interested in finding relatives, friends or family from one of the victims who died. Her name was Barbara Entwistle, she had 18, and she was from Bury.
After trying to find any clue about Barbara,  we didn't achieve it, is for that, I thought maybe you could have any information.

Thank you, for any information.

David

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ENTWISTLE Family in Bury Dan-Air disaster
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 May 21 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hi David

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Boomerang started this topic in 2005 but hasn't been online here since 2007. None of his other topics have been replied to over the years.

We also have a 'no living people' policy so we can't discuss any family or friends that may still be alive.

I think it may be better for me to split your post away from this topic and put it on another Lancashire board where it will be seen more.

I will also have to mention that any people with information contact you on the personal message system.

You need to make another post to be able to send and receive messages so please reply to this post to increase your post count and I will then split the topic.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline davidfontseca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 May 21 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Dawn,
I perfectly understand your suggestion. Sorry for writing my post in the wrong place. Please feel free to move the post in the way that you could consider. Any help or information will be great for me.

Thank you so much.

David

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 May 21 10:22 BST (UK) »
Hi David

A new topic has been created.

I found lots of references to the crash on google, including this

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/18554056.dan-air-tragedy-50-years-crash-victims-will-not-forgotten/

We have lots of people here who are skilled at finding information. If they have things to share, then they should send them as a personal message.

The event, although, 50 years ago, is still recent and there may be living people from the family.

My first thought would be to look at the electoral registers for the home address to see who was living there. However the libraries are closed because of covid, but will be opening up soon. The registers online stop before 1970.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea