Author Topic: Norton baptism look up  (Read 425 times)

Offline robsal

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Norton baptism look up
« on: Tuesday 11 May 21 16:31 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon. If anyone has access to the Norton Parish Records could they very kindly look for a baptism of Thomas PARSONS c1745. I know very little of Thomas other than he married Dorothy BRISTOW in August 1768 in Norton and they baptise several children there.

If anyone can help or offer some guidance I would be extremely grateful.

Kind regards
Rob
SALISBURY- LINGE- LEECH-SALTER-PARSONS-AUBIN-WESTLY-DAINES/DAYNES all Suffolk.
SEABER/SEBER- Cambridgeshire(Isleham & Soham)
NASH/NAISH BARTER- MACEY-GILES Fisherton Delemere, Stockton, Warminster, Wilts.

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Norton baptism look up
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Rob

Following the marriage of Thomas PARSONS of Norton and Dorothy BRISTOW at Rougham in 1768, Suffolk FHS transcripts show that their children's baptisms were recorded at Norton with varying surnames: PEARSON (1770 & 1772); PARSON (1774-1780); and PARSONS (1778-1783).

I see no PARSONS etc. baptized at Norton c.1745. There was a Thomas among the children of Robert and Lydia PEARSON at Great Barton (about 5 miles west of Norton) in 1739 but he could be the Thomas PARSONS who was buried there in 1807 aged 71 (possibly the farmer Thomas PEARSON whose will was proved in 1810). Other burials at Great Barton include Robert PEARSON in 1753 (and 1757) and widow Lydia PARSONS in 1786. Her will has yet to be digitized but Robert PARSON's (1753) can be downloaded from Suffolk Archives.

David

Offline robsal

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Norton baptism look up
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi David. Thank you for all the information, it looks like I need to do some more research into the baptism of Thomas? Anyway you’ve given me food for thought for which I’m very grateful.

Kind regards
Robert
SALISBURY- LINGE- LEECH-SALTER-PARSONS-AUBIN-WESTLY-DAINES/DAYNES all Suffolk.
SEABER/SEBER- Cambridgeshire(Isleham & Soham)
NASH/NAISH BARTER- MACEY-GILES Fisherton Delemere, Stockton, Warminster, Wilts.